MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to increase the number of threads and posts statistics than reality?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to increase the number of posts and threads statistics displayed because
it can make my forum look like more popular.

Do you know how to change the code so that this goal can be achieved?
thanks a lot
You can edit the threads/posts fields in the mybb_forums table.
(2016-02-27, 04:47 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]You can edit the threads/posts fields in the mybb_forums table.

u mean the mysql database?or?
But I want it to be more natural.
I prefer to use a formula to change it.
For example,
in reality, there are 5 posts.
after change of codes, (number of posts)*2+30 = 40 posts
it displays a total of 40 posts.
And this number will be dynamic and always changing.

Another example,
I tried to change the number of online people.
The code following is from index.php:

// Build the who's online bit on the index page.
$onlinecount = $membercount + $guestcount*2 + $botcount+235;

U can see guestcount times 2 and botcount plus 235.
Therefore, the final number displayed will not be a fixed number which
will be always changing, and it looks more real.
But why would someone do that.. In the end its gonna show "250 users active in the pasr 15 minutes (2 members, 0 of whom are invisible, and 5 guests)".. And anyone who knows basic math can identify its fake, which is gonna give a bad impression on the forum.. Same goes for thread and post count as well..
(2016-02-27, 05:09 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]But why would someone do that.. In the end its gonna show "250 users active in the past 15 minutes (2 members, 0 of whom are invisible, and 5 guests)".. And anyone who knows basic math can identify its fake, which is gonna give a bad impression on the forum.. Same goes for thread and post count as well..

I agree with this.
It's best to have real members and real threads, not something that is fake. Smile
Sorry.
I really need a help.