MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rin Editor 1.2.4 (Powerd by CKEditor)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
double scroll issue i will fix in next version.
about put this in optional too i will considerate, but this will increase file size.
i changed to this why requested here more option in smiley like sceditor.
Yes, but it does not look nice. At least for me - I prefer original stock ckeditor plugin - mabe you can create two versions
0.6.7 Released:

- Probably fixed issue with double scrollbar in smile box.
- Fixed issue with regex of smile.
- Add option to use CKEditor or SCEditor style smile box.

How update:

- Unistall old version.
- Upload new version.
- Install new version.
Ok, so I've installed Rin Editor on my backup test forum. I've compared it to the CKEditor by @ATofighi. 

Relating to Rin Editor version 0.6.6 and MyBB-CKEditor 1.0.0

Pros of Rin Editor over MyBB-CKEditor by @ATofighi:
AWESOME imgur button
- easy personalization of buttons in editor via plugin settings in ACP (that was availible in ATofighi's CKEditor for myBB 1.6, but it's missing in 1.8)
- easy way to add custom buttons into the editor
- language of the editor is selectable via plugin settings in ACP
AWESOME @martec 's Automention popup compatibility
- better version of image plugin/button; let's you adjust the size of the image with lockable ratio
- better styled quoteblock in the editor (more native to what it looks like in myBB postview)
- it's a bit more in order; seems more neatly coded, less messy

Cons (-) of Rin Editor over MyBB-CKEditor by @ATofighi:
- lacks useful plugins like: indentation, insert table, find/find and replace
- you can't quickly add a link to image via the Add image button
- autosave is only automatic - no manual option to "autosave"
- no option to browse autosaved content; plus you can restore it only after refreshing the website

- lets say you've written a long post and by accident you've removed all of it and just after the removal editor autosaved the content; boom your long post is gone. Actually that's not that bad, because you can CTRL+Z it. Still, the @ATofighi 's version is way better
- frankly, bad looking smilies popup
- has no drag and drop image upload feature (uploaded onto the forum server)

Common bugs/flaws in both editors:
- paste from Word is incomplete; pasted content is partially formatted, but f.e. the colors aren't formatted - black
- pasting from Word, when you click the button and paste into the popup shows in the right way, but when you click to add it to post, it's just all black instead of colored approprietly

These are results of a quick comparison. Some of the plugins of the editor may work when added manually (manipulating .js files), but I'm reviewing what's availible offhand. I might have forgotten about something - if so, I'm sorry!

Rin Editor is still a pretty early version, but has nice features that may convince you to use it over @ATofighi 's editor.
I myself might implement some of the Rin Editor's features into the @ATofighi 's editor Big Grin

My suggestions to @martec :
- copy or make autosave familiar with the one from @ATofighi 's
- add plugins I've mentioned 
- go back to previous smilies version or simply fix the way they look
- I know you've must spent a lot of time on this plugin, but really I'd recommend either copy what's possible from @ATofighi 's version or start a cooperation with him. To me it's weird and actually bad to have 2 different CKEditors.
(2016-03-05, 10:06 PM)Vioner Wrote: [ -> ]My suggestions to @martec :
- copy or make autosave familiar with the one from @ATofighi 's

unfortunately no, this using http://ckeditor.com/addon/autosave

(2016-03-05, 10:06 PM)Vioner Wrote: [ -> ]- add plugins I've mentioned 

http://community.mybb.com/thread-189078-...pid1209316

(2016-03-05, 10:06 PM)Vioner Wrote: [ -> ]- go back to previous smilies version or simply fix the way they look

check 0.6.7

(2016-03-05, 10:06 PM)Vioner Wrote: [ -> ]- I know you've must spent a lot of time on this plugin, but really I'd recommend either copy what's possible from @ATofighi 's version or start a cooperation with him. To me it's weird and actually bad to have 2 different CKEditors.

sorry no. I want something simple and clean. It is totally contrary to the plugin you are mentioning. Not to mention that the code itself does not have anything similar, I am using native parser of CKEditor plugin, and what you mentioned plugin using this parser https://github.com/wGEric/phpBB-BBCode-J...ipt-Parser that i not agree.
@martec, I've compared the code of your and @Atofighi 's editor and I have to say, that if we compare their sizes, they are very familiar, so I can't say that you keep it simple and clean. But on the other hand, I can agree that Atofighi 's code is pretty hard to go through.
Also the loading time of your editor and the rival's are pretty much the same having in mind that Atofighi 's have more features.

I understand what you said about supporting only what myBB supports if it comes to additional features like indentation - that's ok.

I am very happy that somebody else started to work on a true WYSIWYG editor for this board engine. Atofighi seems to have stopped developing his version, so you @martec are the new hope.
For now, I'll stick to Atofighi's version and implement some of your features into it, but I think that with time I might migrate to your plugin.

Keep up the good work @martec I will check each of your versions and maybe contribute to your project.
(2016-03-05, 10:55 PM)Vioner Wrote: [ -> ]@martec, I've compared the code of your and @Atofighi 's editor and I have to say, that if we compare their sizes, they are very familiar, so I can't say that you keep it simple and clean. But on the other hand, I can agree that Atofighi 's code is pretty hard to go through.

??
my last version zip file has 790kb.
what you mentioned has 1.87 MB.
@martec sorry I take that back, I've edited the post by striking what was wrong.

I compared my own modified Atofighis CKEditor with yours and the difference was much smaller - probably because I removed so many unneeded things like languages. Sorry about that.
@martec - I agree with. I dont wanna another Atofighis mega version with huge loading time and features which are not used. Thank you for your hard work!

It is better to use as much as possible stock plugins because of easy updating to newer CKeditor core.

@martec - is there any way how to automatically add <br> after quoete post without clicking on the arrow icon?
+rep for sir martec Smile