MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rin Editor 1.2.4 (Powerd by CKEditor)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have reverted all templates and just removed the {$posticons}, then reinstalled the Rin Editor plugin and still nothing.  Below is a screenshot of what editpost shows and the coding in the editpost template, but the Rin Editor dows not show in New Threads or New Replies either.

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$lang->edit_post}</title>
{$headerinclude}
{$post_javascript}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$preview}
{$post_errors}
{$attacherror}
{$moderation_notice}
{$deletebox}
<form id="editpost" action="editpost.php?pid={$pid}&amp;processed=1" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="input">
<input type="hidden" name="my_post_key" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->edit_post}</strong></td>
</tr>
{$loginbox}
<tr>
<td class="trow2"><strong>{$lang->subject}</strong></td>
<td class="trow2">{$prefixselect}<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="1" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow2" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->your_message}</strong><br /><div style="text-align: center;">{$smilieinserter}</div></td>
<td class="trow2">
<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="3">{$message}</textarea>
{$rinbutquick}
</td>
</tr>
{$editreason}
{$postoptions}
{$subscriptionmethod}
{$pollbox}
</table>
{$attachbox}
<br />
<div align="center"><input type="submit" class="button" name="submitbutton" value="{$lang->update_post}" tabindex="3" accesskey="s" />  <input type="submit" class="button" name="previewpost" value="{$lang->preview_post}" tabindex="4" /></div>
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_editpost" />
<input type="hidden" name="attachmentaid" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="attachmentact" value="" />
</form>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>
[attachment=43683]
(2021-01-26, 04:20 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote: [ -> ]I have reverted all templates and just removed the {$posticons}, then reinstalled the Rin Editor plugin and still nothing.  Below is a screenshot of what editpost shows and the coding in the editpost template, but the Rin Editor dows not show in New Threads or New Replies either.

i created account called "test" on your forum...
so send to this account the "admin account credential" to check your template.
I have now changed your user account to admin status, and approciate any help you can offer in getting this to work.
(2021-01-26, 05:22 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote: [ -> ]I have now changed your user account to admin status, and approciate any help you can offer in getting this to work.

Hi...

done...
reason my plugin doesn't work, because you have disabled the following settings ....

[Image: AlLW67Y.png]
Thank you so much martec. I didn't event think about smilies and bbcode settings.
(2021-01-26, 06:07 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you so much martec.  I didn't event think about smilies and bbcode settings.

I'm glad you're satisfied. Smile
hi martec!

I'm trying to extend your editor again
This time I'm trying to add Unicode Emoji data files using this plugin
https://ckeditor.com/cke4/addon/emoji
I believe I downloaded all it dependencies and also configured external plugins
This working nearly as it should (except of glitching dialog box on mobile)
But either MyBB or Rineditor parsing Emoji into question marks instead of having unicode (U+1F600 or whatever else )

The main idea with all that hustle is to use mobile phone keyboard smiles

P.S silly question. What version is rineditor for dependencies? 4.15.1?
(2021-01-27, 12:03 AM)Alhimika Wrote: [ -> ]P.S silly question. What version is rineditor for dependencies? 4.15.1?

yes.. the 4.15.1 should work as expected.
I managed to find the problem
Database encoding is UTF8 but as soon as converted to utf8mb4 all Unicode Emoji will be parsed without any problems
In fact and if using mobile phone build in Unicode Emoji , emoji plugin is not even needed unless you want to have separate button just to browse all of them (from your desktop for example).

So my nest task is database conversion . Uh

P.S giving up and reverting back to utf-8 conversion. At first mybb convertor didn't convert everything properly and after such conversion on 10% of Unicode Emoji parsed and displayed properly
(2021-01-27, 11:06 AM)Alhimika Wrote: [ -> ]I managed to find the problem
Database encoding is UTF8 but as soon as converted to utf8mb4 all Unicode Emoji will be parsed without any problems
In fact and if using mobile phone build in Unicode Emoji , emoji plugin is not even needed unless you want to have separate button just to browse all of them (from your desktop for example).

So my nest task is database conversion . Uh

you can try to do conversion on the ACP.

[Image: C5FXiFG.png]