MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rin Editor 1.2.4 (Powerd by CKEditor)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-03-02, 08:46 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, updated and works fine!

Thanks for testing and bug report!
Hi Martec,

I have an older version of Rin Editor (0.9.7) and also ABP Imgur Uploader (2.7) connected to it
we tried to install the newest version with no success.

One of the main reasons why we haven't updated sooner was because we lost the person who used to maintain our forum and the new one has expertise in server backends not properly MyBB. Also, we had your plugin with some customizations like sizes were from xxsmall to xxlarge colors and others.

Both Rin Editor and Imgur uploader worked like a charm until we changed to a bit faster server and now we cannot put it to work. I am in need of help with this if you can

This is how it looked

Thanks
Sofia Heart
(2021-04-10, 05:06 PM)showbis Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Martec,

I have an older version of Rin Editor (0.9.7) and also ABP Imgur Uploader (2.7) connected to it
we tried to install the newest version with no success.

One of the main reasons why we haven't updated sooner was because we lost the person who used to maintain our forum and the new one has expertise in server backends not properly MyBB. Also, we had your plugin with some customizations like sizes were from xxsmall to xxlarge colors and others.

Both Rin Editor and Imgur uploader worked like a charm until we changed to a bit faster server and now we cannot put it to work. I am in need of help with this if you can

This is how it looked

Thanks
Sofia Heart

Hi,

to upgrade you need unistall older version and upload new version and install again.
if the step above doesn't work, you need to do " People that having issue with duplicate thing:" steps of first post of this thread https://community.mybb.com/thread-189422.html

about customization, you need check what your older administer done in configuration file (root/jscripts/rin/editor/config.js)...
You need compare difference in configure file with raw file of configuration file of 0.9.7, you can use this site https://www.diffchecker.com/ to do this. After that share the result to be able to help.

If you lost the configuration file modified by your old administrator in this case it will be much more complicated to reproduce the modification in the new version.
There are some troubles with Rin Editor 1.2.1.

1. The source button does not work. When I press the button, it says:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'children' of undefined
    at CKEDITOR.htmlParser.text.remove (ckeditor.js?ver=1.2.1:285)
    at CKEDITOR.htmlParser.text.filter (ckeditor.js?ver=1.2.1:288)
    at CKEDITOR.htmlParser.element.filterChildren (ckeditor.js?ver=1.2.1:298)
    at CKEDITOR.htmlParser.element.filter (ckeditor.js?ver=1.2.1:331)
    at c.<anonymous> (ckeditor.js?ver=1.2.1:319)
    at c.b (ckeditor.js?ver=1.2.1:10)
    at c.<anonymous> (ckeditor.js?ver=1.2.1:12)
    at c.CKEDITOR.editor.CKEDITOR.editor.fire (ckeditor.js?ver=1.2.1:13)
    at CKEDITOR.htmlDataProcessor.toDataFormat (ckeditor.js?ver=1.2.1:320)
2. The code snippet button has bugs. I can't insert other blocks after a code snippet block. If I press the preview button, the editor just resets.

MyBB 1.8.26, PHP 7.3.27. It happens in all web browsers.
(2021-04-18, 08:14 PM)r00tk1t Wrote: [ -> ]There are some troubles with Rin Editor 1.2.1.

1. The source button does not work. When I press the button, it says:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'children' of undefined
    at CKEDITOR.htmlParser.text.remove (ckeditor.js?ver=1.2.1:285)
    at CKEDITOR.htmlParser.text.filter (ckeditor.js?ver=1.2.1:288)
    at CKEDITOR.htmlParser.element.filter (ckeditor.js?ver=1.2.1:331)
    at c.<anonymous> (ckeditor.js?ver=1.2.1:319)
    at c.b (ckeditor.js?ver=1.2.1:10)
    at c.<anonymous> (ckeditor.js?ver=1.2.1:12)
    at c.CKEDITOR.editor.CKEDITOR.editor.fire (ckeditor.js?ver=1.2.1:13)
    at CKEDITOR.htmlDataProcessor.toDataFormat (ckeditor.js?ver=1.2.1:320)
2. The code snippet button has bugs. I can't insert other blocks after a code snippet block. If I press the preview button, the editor just resets.

MyBB 1.8.26, PHP 7.3.27. It happens in all web browsers.

hi,

sorry but i can't reproduce issue here...
so you can to do test on link below and give me steps to reproduce issue?

https://sites.minnasuki.com/1826

popup user and password

user: test
pass: test123

user and password in test forum

user: testuser

test forum above using clean install of mybb 1.8.26 with Rin Editor 1.2.1
(2021-04-19, 02:21 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]hi,

sorry but i can't reproduce issue here...
so you can to do test on link below and give me steps to reproduce issue?

https://sites.minnasuki.com/1826

popup user and password

user: test

user and password in test forum

user: testuser

test forum above using clean install of mybb 1.8.26 with Rin Editor 1.2.1
Uhm... I'm sorry, I can't reproduce the problem in your forum too. I tried to disable minification and clear the cache, but nothing has changed.

Sorry, I know that the situation is stupid. I've disabled the plugin for a time. I try to solve the problem by myself.

Anyway, the screenshot shows all the plugins that are enabled. Maybe the problem is in them.
(2021-04-20, 09:35 PM)r00tk1t Wrote: [ -> ]Uhm... I'm sorry, I can't reproduce the problem in your forum too. I tried to disable minification and clear the cache, but nothing has changed.

Sorry, I know that the situation is stupid. I've disabled the plugin for a time. I try to solve the problem by myself.

Anyway, the screenshot shows all the plugins that are enabled. Maybe the problem is in them.

really weird, the plugin list you provided me doesn’t appear to directly modify my plugin.

have you made any modifications to my plugin including the tips from the first post of this topic?
(2021-04-21, 01:50 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]have you made any modifications to my plugin including the tips from the first post of this topic?
No, only have installed a theme. But switching to the default theme does not help.
(2021-04-23, 05:34 AM)r00tk1t Wrote: [ -> ]No, only have installed a theme. But switching to the default theme does not help.

really weird.

unfortunately I do not see another solution unless you make a clean install locally.
after a clean installation, install one plugin at a time until you find out which plugin is incompatible with my plugin.
sorry but i don't have time to do it for you.

after finding out which plugin is incompatible maybe I can try to resolve the incompatibility, of course I can't guarantee anything, since I have no idea why.
work well for me