MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Possible to send mail not from originating server?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I disabled mail on my board for now because my origin IP is in the mail headers, but i would like to reanable this in the future.

Is it possible to send mail from a diffrent server while still being able to have "email verifications" and "newsletters"

I want to send mail without my origin IP being exposed in the header
You can use SMTP to transmit email from your forum.

Either use a free Google mail account such as [email protected] (unprofessional however) or you can simply (simply...) run your own postfix/dovecot stack.
(2016-02-29, 12:00 PM)Marisa Wrote: [ -> ]You can use SMTP to transmit email from your forum.

Either use a free Google mail account such as [email protected] (unprofessional however) or you can simply (simply...) run your own postfix/dovecot stack.

tried using SMTP with zoho mail, origin IP still shows in the header.

My server isnt in the right setup to be running stacks
I use Mailgun and I don't see my origin IP in the headers, though I use their API instead of their SMTP, but might be worth a look anyway.
(2016-02-29, 12:21 PM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]I use Mailgun and I don't see my origin IP in the headers, though I use their API instead of their SMTP, but might be worth a look anyway.

I will go try out mailgun now. Thanks Smile