MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation Fails After Last Step - FINISH SETUP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello - I've just finished installing mybb_1806, setup the database on my Host, followed all the steps to the very end, and thought everything was 'perfect', (especially when I saw the very positive message shown attached as A1). 

When I clicked on either of the two links in the last sentence "You may now proceed to your new copy of MyBB or its Admin Control Panel.", an error message appears. For either link, the same error message appears as shown in attachment A2. I'm completely new at this and don't know what else to do. BTW I did go into the server (using FileZilla) and removed the INSTALL folder. Thanks!
I've downloaded mybb_1806, unzipped the files and uploaded them to my Site using FileZilla.

However I'm baffled with step 3:
CHMOD the following files to 666 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to them).

./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php (you must rename config.default.php to config.php first)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/*all files* (optional)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/admin/*all files* (optional)

CHMOD the following folders to 777 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to and execute from them).
./cache/
./cache/themes/
./uploads/
./uploads/avatars/
./admin/backups/ (optional)

I've read through all remaining steps, and I have no problem understanding them. Could someone please clarify what precisely I'm supposed to do in accordance with Step # 3?
If step 3 is the step with MySQL, then you would have to make a MySQL database on the hosting site you use. Then you would just fill in the information as it says.
To CHmod files to 666 or 777 with filezilla go to inc/settings.php ( right screen )
Click right and in the popup click file Permissions then mark all those thing you need to set the settings file to 666.
You can see what number you set it on.
Do this with all files that need a 666 and the others who need a 777