MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Password Reset?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can we have a mass password reset cause some forums will be hacked and their user Info's will be leaked so... Can u guys add a option where the admin gets to Reset all passwords

How will it work?
Admin resets all passwords\\user gets a email saying ur password has been reset\\clicks on the link that says Reset my password \\gets new password
ADD???
Oh wow this is an old thread. Sorry that we missed it. I'm pretty sure we agreed to do this before because the need is very clear.

I see one implementation of it being as a CLI tool for people who have command-line access to the servers powering their boards (i.e. with laravel's artisan tool: php artisan security:password-reset --all or something like that). As for from the web UI, maybe, but it also seems like a serious risk to have in the ACP.
I'm sure I've already approved a suggestion like this, but perhaps not. I agree it should be in the core.

@Josh: If it's in the ACP, it will of course be governed by admin permissions (as with everything else there) and would be limited to super admins only out of the box (so the main admin who installed the board by default, and anybody else they explicitly declare as being a "root" admin).
Hi,

Your feature suggestion has been accepted as a planned feature to be implemented in MyBB 2.0. Thanks for your contribution!