MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I remove the rich text editor and replace it with a plain text editor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just installed mybb 1.8 on my computer, and when I try to make a new thread it is giving me a rich text editor instead of a plain text editor. The problem with this, is that when I try to copy and paste text from websites into the large text box on my forum, it copies the formatting from the web page and brings it into the text box. The probkem this causes, is that when I click save to create the thread, the formatting of the post is really bad. There are lots of mycode tags visible and sometimes the font goes really small or really big or sometimes the colours don't end where they're supposed to.

Is there a way to switch to the plain text editor like in mybb 1.6?
check this thread to put the editor in source mode by default which should fix your problem: http://community.mybb.com/thread-165583.html
Sorry but the thread you gave me is giving me bad code. It's an sql query to change all the users settings, but when new users join they won't get the text editor as desired they'll get the rich text editor instead.