MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Block proxies/vpns Like some forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey mybb community
im currently looking for the plugin for mybb 1.8 that will block 90% vpns/proxies like leakforums & nulled i know they have blocked some country's and almost all the most recent vpns/proxies and i would like to know how or what plugin they are using if anyone knows would help out alot...
they ban IP ranges that belong to the datacenters, there are also some plugins floating around that do block proxies/tor
(2016-03-04, 04:22 AM)Aiko Wrote: [ -> ]they ban IP ranges that belong to the datacenters, there are also some plugins floating around that do block proxies/tor

i've tried a few plugins but they have all failed horrible
im lookng for one too
go to ACP>>Config>>Stop Forums Spam>> Enable it (customize it if u like)

100% SUCCESS RATE ON MY FORUMS
Have you tried something like GetIPIntel? It's free up to a certain amount per day and it's very accurate. There are other paid options like maxmind and blocked.
(2016-03-04, 03:21 PM)nth Wrote: [ -> ]Try this: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=629

DNSBL doesn't really block proxy / VPN ips because most of them are not involved in massive amounts of spam.