MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: EMS and Board Message are not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I activate the BoardMessage plugin, all I get is a horizontal grey box where the message should be, and nothing happens at all with EMS Sad What's going on, and how can I fix it?
For the board message plugin, you need to rebuild your forum settings for any message to appear.

ACP -> Board Settings -> Change -> Board Message Settings

Update the message if you wish, but make sure you click Submit Changes even if you change nothing. This will cause the settings to be rebuilt and the message should show. I'll update the plugin shortly to make it do this automatically.
Thanks for the reply.

I clicked "Submit Changes", and it said "The settings have been successfully updated", but the message still doesn't appear. The only thing I can think of that I might have done wrong while installing MyBB was chmoding something incorrectly, could that be causing the problem? The only other thing I did was change the logo, maybe that messed up something?
OK, I chmoded the inc directory to 777 and it works, though I don't know if that was a good idea, I'd be more comfortable if there was a way to do it with it at 755.