MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: modifications/templates - a few comments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I only came across MyBB a couple of months ago, so I realise I'm no expert, but I am highly experienced with other message board software (I have an ipb which I've run for 6 years, which began on yabb through to yabbse then on to ipb1.2 I think and now we're up to 2.2 something - loads of modifications, different skins all messed about with by me to a small or big extent to meet with what I want). Anyway, I took an instant liking to MyBB because of the way modifications are installed using plugins and also how skins are installed (both similar to the method ipb uses). And it's FREE. Somethings bugging me though, and I'm not sure if its the way I'm doing things or if its the MyBBsoftware... or maybe its the modification/skin authors.

First, the modifications... and this is a generalisation rather than an example... could the mod writers please always include some script which, when a modification is de-activated, removes links from within the templates/postbits. If I'm doing something wrong, sorry, call me stupid hahaha and tell me how its done. Unless someone can tell me I'm doing it wrong then I'm left with the impression that MyBB is buggy, maybe not because of the software itself, but because of the mod writers.

And secondly, the skins... tell me if I'm wrong again (honest I'd love to be shown I'm doing something wrong) ... if, say I have two skins installed and a few modifications and these plugins are both activated and working, before I install another modification do I really have to de-activate all the modifications and tidy up all the loose ends left in the templates then install the new skin then activate the plugins again just to have them work on the new skin too? Thats a bit of a pain.

What do others think?