MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Upgrade Page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm currently working on a custom upgrade page, where I'm looking to use CoinPayments to process the payments, I decided to use CoinPayments so I'm able to accept both bitcoins and paypal in one place.

But I ran into a bit of an issue, where I don't know how to log or keep the persons UID that purchased the upgrade. So I'm wondering if anyone could help me with this? Cool
You will need to make a plugin that uses Coinpayments API to automatically upgrade users
(2016-03-06, 11:40 PM)Aiko Wrote: [ -> ]You will need to make a plugin that uses Coinpayments API to automatically upgrade users

I wasn't looking to make the process automatic just yet, but if I can't get it figured out by tomorrow, I'll probably pay a plugin developer to create such a plugin for me. But thank you for your reply. Cool
(2016-03-06, 11:47 PM)PrivateDonut Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-06, 11:40 PM)Aiko Wrote: [ -> ]You will need to make a plugin that uses Coinpayments API to automatically upgrade users

I wasn't looking to make the process automatic just yet, but if I can't get it figured out by tomorrow, I'll probably pay a plugin developer to create such a plugin for me. But thank you for your reply. Cool

Ask your members to put their UID inside the coinpayments notes
(2016-03-06, 11:53 PM)Aiko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-06, 11:47 PM)PrivateDonut Wrote: [ -> ]

I wasn't looking to make the process automatic just yet, but if I can't get it figured out by tomorrow, I'll probably pay a plugin developer to create such a plugin for me. But thank you for your reply.  Cool

Ask your members to put their UID inside the coinpayments notes

Hmm I don't know why I didn't think of that before... I'll do that for sure, let's see if anyone else has anything to say before I choose the best answer / solve. Thanks again for the reply. Cool
Be careful with the notes, some people may forget.
Within the upgrade process make sure you make it clear to put their UID / alias.
(2016-03-07, 12:12 AM)rarefk Wrote: [ -> ]Be careful with the notes, some people may forget.
Within the upgrade process make sure you make it clear to put their UID / alias.

Yeah that's true, I'm probably going to pay a plugin developer to create the plugin to make the process automatic.
(2016-03-07, 12:14 AM)PrivateDonut Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-07, 12:12 AM)rarefk Wrote: [ -> ]Be careful with the notes, some people may forget.

Yeah that's true, I'm probably going to pay a plugin developer to create the plugin to make the process automatic.
Automatic can be good and bad. Some owners like to review the user's account before upgrading them.
Sounds good though, PM me a link of your forum?

I believe there's already a plugin like this. Big Grin
> http://modmybb.com/thread-272.html

You could have them pay through an autobuy site which after it goes through, they receive the code (which you should have entered in the code redeem system, as well.) and then they enter that code they receive and if it's valid; places them in the group. : )

I haven't tested this plugin, myself.
But who knows.. it's worth a try.Wink
(2016-03-07, 04:32 AM)CallingChain Wrote: [ -> ]

I believe there's already a plugin like this. Big Grin
> http://modmybb.com/thread-272.html

You could have them pay through an autobuy site which after it goes through, they receive the code (which you should have entered in the code redeem system, as well.) and then they enter that code they receive and if it's valid; places them in the group. : )

I haven't tested this plugin, myself.  
But who knows.. it's worth a try.Wink

I actually just bought a membership to that site, to try out some of their plugins. Thanks for letting me know.