MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: STAFF POSTBIT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, i tryed everythink , i used tutorials and didn't work,

How i color the background for staff members in thread ???
(2016-03-07, 09:31 PM)PrivateDonut Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried this one: Color All Post Backgrounds of a Usergroup

The lines are not the same , 

my postbit look like .  ->

{$ignore_bit}
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<div class="post {$unapproved_shade}" style="{$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
<div class="post_author pbg{$usergroup['gid']}">
	{$post['useravatar']}
	<div class="author_information">
			<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
			<span class="smalltext">
				{$post['usertitle']}<br />
				{$post['userstars']}
				{$post['groupimage']}
			</span>
	</div>
	<div class="author_statistics">
		{$post['user_details']}
	</div>
</div>
<div class="post_content">
	<div class="post_head">
		{$post['posturl']}
		{$post['icon']}
		<span class="post_date">{$post['postdate']} <span class="post_edit" id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span></span>
		{$post['subject_extra']}
	</div>
	<div class="post_body scaleimages" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
		{$post['message']}
	</div>
	{$post['attachments']}
	{$post['signature']}
	<div class="post_meta" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">

</div>
</div>
<div class="post_controls">
	<div class="postbit_buttons author_buttons float_left">
		{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}{$post['iplogged']}
	</div>
	<div class="postbit_buttons post_management_buttons float_right">
		{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quickrestore']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_purgespammer']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
	</div>
</div>
</div>

and the postbit classic  
{$ignore_bit}
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<div class="post classic {$unapproved_shade}" style="{$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
<div class="post_author scaleimages">
	{$post['useravatar']}
	<div class="author_information">
			<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
			<span class="smalltext">
				{$post['usertitle']}<br />
				{$post['userstars']}
				{$post['groupimage']}
			</span>
	</div>
	<div class="author_statistics">
		{$post['user_details']}
	</div>
</div>
<div class="post_content">
	<div class="post_head">
		{$post['posturl']}
		{$post['icon']}
		<span class="post_date">{$post['postdate']} <span class="post_edit" id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span></span>
	{$post['subject_extra']}
	</div>
               <div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="post_body post{$usergroup['gid']}">

{$post['message']}
	</div>
	{$post['attachments']}
	{$post['signature']}
	<div class="post_meta" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
		{$post['iplogged']}
	</div>
</div>
<div class="post_controls">
	<div class="postbit_buttons author_buttons float_left">
		{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}
	</div>
	<div class="postbit_buttons post_management_buttons float_right">
		{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quickrestore']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_purgespammer']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
	</div>
</div>
</div>
-.- what's wrong ??
You are using a theme of course its not going to be the same as the vanilla mybb theme. Take the time to go to w3schools and learn some html.

Then follow the link that PrivateDonut posted
the above guidance can be implemented in 1.8 as well if you get the concept of it... basically you need to add a new class post{$usergroup['gid']} to the post content div in postbit templates and then add the css codes for each group as given in the tutorial...
i don't get it

the tutorial is telling me to find the line -> "<td class="trow2 post_content post{$usergroup['gid']} $unapproved_shade}">" but i have only <div
How i add the new class?? because i dont understand the tutorial.