MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom BB code plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, so first thing first. I have never actually really used MyBB besides the odd time for releases.

I have developed a screenshot sharing tool similar to prntscr/lightshot/gyzao. Before I release it to the public I want to develop addons for it for various softwares to help get as much exposure to it as possible. 

I have developed the XenForo addon already and figured I would move on to MyBB. I am having a bit of problems though and would like a bit of help as I have never actually developed for MyBB before. 

First thing is, I have tried the MyCode feature of mybb. This does work to an extent. Well, works perfectly if you use the bbcode. However, there is more to the addon that I would like. I would like this to be installed as an addon instead of users having to use the mycode feature just so its easier for users. Less work.

Second, When they paste the full length of the url it does not parse it into bb code automatically. The users have to always use the [bbcode]123456[/bbcode] for it to work.
I want it so if a user pastes the link of the url of the screenshot, once they hit post, it will automatically convert it to the bbcode for it.

example of a URL:
http://snaap.me/pvy7tz

When I paste the url, XenForo automatically parses it into a bb code and it shows up properly such as:
[Image: 8aHU8B.png]

Is there any way to achieve this in MyBB?
No one?