MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide time posted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, is there any way I can hide the time someone posted, to unregistered users?

Thanks!
Thanks for the link, but that is a theme, how this could help me?
you can use the Template Conditionals plugin and hide the post time by adding a if conditional to postbit template... add the conditional to the post date as given below...

<if $mybb->user['usergroup'] != "1" then>
     <span class="post_date">{$post['postdate']} <span class="post_edit" id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span></span>
</if>
(2016-03-09, 07:27 AM)minute Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the link, but that is a theme, how this could help me?

Apologies I meant to link this http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=464

mmadhankumar explained it perfectly
Thanks!

I did that, but not working, only in postbit template I must change the code?
^ have you installed & activated template conditionals plugin ? that is required.

And such conditionals can be added wherever you need to hide something from specific users (or user groups)

you might be knowing there are two types of postbit styles - controlled by postbit template & postbit_classic template.
if you need the conditional working for both postbit styles then you have to change code in both templates.
I did activate the plugin, and also I commented the line:

<span class="post_date">{$post['postdate']} <span class="post_edit" id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span></span>
 from: Home » Template Sets » Duende-V2 Templates » Edit Template: postbit and from: Home » Template Sets » Default Templates » [b]Edit Template: postbit[/b]

Am I doing something wrong?

When commenting the line, I notice no change, I add your code instead, no change, the problem is I think I am doing something in the wrong file. 

My website is: www.despre-rulote.ro (if I am allowed to post it... if not, please delete).

Thanks for help!
^ also edit in postbit_classic templates
I did that, thanks, no changes!

Here is my code:

{$ignore_bit}
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<div class="post classic {$unapproved_shade}" style="{$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
<div class="post_author scaleimages">
	{$post['useravatar']}
	<div class="author_information">
			<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
			<span class="smalltext">
				{$post['usertitle']}<br />
				{$post['userstars']}
				{$post['groupimage']}
			</span>
	</div>
	<div class="author_statistics">
		{$post['user_details']}
	</div>
</div>
<div class="post_content">
	<div class="post_head">
		{$post['posturl']}
		{$post['icon']}
		<if $mybb->user['usergroup'] != "1" then>
</if>
		<!--<span class="post_date">{$post['postdate']} <span class="post_edit" id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span></span>-->
	{$post['subject_extra']}
	</div>
	<div class="post_body scaleimages" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
		{$post['message']}
	</div>
	{$post['attachments']}
	{$post['signature']}
	<div class="post_meta" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
		{$post['quick_quote']}	{$post['quick_quote']}
	{$post['iplogged']}
	</div>
</div>
<div style="{$post['tyl_display']}" id="tyl_{$post['pid']}">{$post['thankyoulike_data']}</div>
<div class="post_controls">
	<div class="postbit_buttons author_buttons float_left">
		{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}
	</div>
	<div class="postbit_buttons post_management_buttons float_right">
		{$post['button_tyl']}{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quickrestore']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_mention']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_purgespammer']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
	</div>
</div>
</div>{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
Pages: 1 2