MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Would like to know how to stop user from accessing certain forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Forum Link: teamwow.cf
MyBB Versio: 1.8.6

I have gone through lot of google search pages but didn't find the right answer. This forum is for group of gamer's none funded just a fun project.

My problem is that I have created 3 categories with corresponding forums with in them so what I want to do is restrict the user based on their game of choice from accessing forums which are no need to be seen.

In the below image you can see I already created 3 user groups permissions copied from registered user group.

[Image: forumgroups_zpsubfah77q.png]

So I want players who's in AW group have access to Armored Warfare category, players in GWT to have access to Ground War:Tanks category forums and players in WoWS group to have access to World of Warships category forums.

Also I have another forum which I wish to give access only to administrators and mods any other user wont be able to access or see the forum.

So can this be done using forum permissions or is there mod or do I have code it can you guys please help me to find an answer.

Thank you.
can be done using forum permissions (see related guidance)
(2016-03-10, 06:39 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can be done using forum permissions (see related guidance)

Thank you for the reply that's what I'm trying but and below image shows what I have for permissions in one of my forums it has registered user permissions has been set to deny but but still that use is able to see and post in to any forum.

Permissions
[Image: 1_zpsirfrbbxc.png]

[Image: 2_zpsps93tpp7.png]

User Settings
[Image: 3_zps08ce0ilp.png]

what am I doing wrong here.

Nvm I got it resolved. Thank you for the help.