MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: z-index property in the edit this post pop-up menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Here is the problem:

When trying to edit an existing post, the pop-up edit menu (giving a choice of Quick Edit or Full Edit) disappears behind the ad used by the MyAdvertisements ads plugin. So I have to deactivate the ads when editing an existing post, but worse, readers do not have this option.

I use the latest version of both MyBB and the MyAdvertisement plugin. The funny thing is,  I have an older forum running MyBB 1.6.8 also with MyAds and there this problem does not appear.

I contacted the writer of the MyAdvertisement plugin, and here is what he answered:

Quote:I understand the issue but it's not caused by the plugin. The z-index property of the popup menu seems to be lower than Google Ads's z-index property, so it shows behind it. The plugin can't do anything...ask MyBB to increase the z-index property of the popup menu.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Hans.
URL of forum with a user to write posts?

It's the main theme of MyBB or a custom? Anyway you given the answer: z-index.

So you have to increase it to the popup and decrease to the ad (if you can).
(2016-03-10, 02:25 PM)grork Wrote: [ -> ]URL of forum with a user to write posts?

It's the main theme of MyBB or a custom? Anyway you given the answer: z-index.

So you have to increase it to the popup and decrease to the ad (if you can).

Thanks grork,

It's the main theme. I'm afraid I have no clue how to "increase it to the popup and decrease to the ad" and before I'm going to mess with the code I will have to need detailed instructions.

Can't be the only one suffering from this as everything I use is standard, nothing is altered in the MyBB software neither the plugin.
Try to put this in your CSS file:

.postbit_buttons.post_management_buttons .popup_menu {
    z-index: 999;
}
Ok, thanks grork, I'll try that. Many thanks for the help

I assume you mean the global.css file under Stylesheets in Default, right?

I put it in and it worked, brilliant, many thanks, grork!!