MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: help finding some
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, I have my new myBB 1.8.6 forum just about ready to go (www.dubgallu.net/forum), but I'm still having trouble finding a couple bits of text in the theme so I can change their colors.

My base template is the default template (earth-colors).

I have a dark, irregular background, so I need to make any text over it white or very light in color to have sufficient contrast.  The bits I have still been unable to find in any of the css sheets are:

--- the "Users browsing this forum" message

--- "Thread Rating" which appears next to the stars at the top of a thread

--- the Thread Tools below the thread ("View a Printable Version", "Send this Thread to a Friend", "Subscribe to this Thread", and "Add Poll to this Thread")...and for some reason I have an extra set of icons for the Thread Tools...

[attachment=35919]

I've been through the style sheets again and again and I can't seem to find these three anywhere. Could anyone point me in the right direction?
Users browsing this forum --> global.css --> #content {color: #570809;
"Thread Rating" --> same as above
Thread Tools links --> color_earth.css -->a:link, a:visited, a:hover, a:active {color: #570809;
Thanks! I could have sworn I had tried #container before...but in any case, that fixed "Users browsing" and "Thread Rating"

Is there any way I can change the color of the link for the Tread Tools alone? If I change it in color_earth.css -->a:link, a:visited, a:hover, a:active, that changes the color of the links everywhere, and I need to keep them all dark red except for the Thread Tools.

...Or, failing that, if there is a way to insert a lighter background for the Thread Tools alone?
^ you can use .thread_tools a {color: ______;}
Do you know what stylesheet .thread_tools is in? I've looked through global, css3, and color_earth...haven't been able to find it.

...sorry for such a n00bish question!
^ oh, I should have given that - it is in showthread.css
Thanks! I have found it, but have had mixed success. In my showthread.css, I have:

ul.thread_tools li (plus copies for poll, print, etc.), and
- ul.thread_tools, ul.thread_tools li

I can change the background color by adding it to either of those two, but when I enter a text color, it does not change.

It looks like it is deriving the text color (actually link color) from color_earth.css > a: link, a:visited, a:hover, a:active. I don't want to change the color of all the links on the board, just those in the Thread Tools. Any reason why entering a color in ul.thread_tools li is not overriding the color entered in color_earth.css?

I have also tried entering the new color in ul.thread_tools li.sendthread, etc., but that has not worked either.

Also, for some reason, my Thread Tool icons are duplicated. Each Thread Tool has the proper icon immediately next to it, but just to the left of those, all five Thread Tool icons are listed. I have noticed that if I change the background color of one of the individual Thread Tools (e.g. ul.thread_tools li.sendthread), the background includes only the right icon (see example below), but if I change the background on ul.thread_tools li or ul.thread_tools, ul.thread_tools li, then the background extends behind both sets of icons.

[attachment=35924]

Any ideas what might be causing that?
^ there should be no need to change existing style properties.
instead add property like below at the bottom of showthread.css
.thread_tools a {color: ______ !important;}
Ah, I got it now! Looks like it works, thanks a lot! Smile

Now I just have to sort out these duplicated icons.