MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: z-indez property of edit popup menu too low
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is the problem:

There is a small, but very annoying incompatibility between the newest version of MyBB and a popular plugin called MyAdvertisements

The ads in the postbit (in-between posts in a thread) cover the choice menu when clicking the edit button of an existing post. The little menu contains two options, quick edit and full edit. But this choice disappears behind the postbit ad, unfortunately, which forces a deactivation of the postbit ads either temporary for editing a post or permanently, probably the latter as to allow forum members the ability to edit their posts.

Funny enough, I have an older forum running MyBB 1.6.8 also with (an older version of) MyAds and there this problem does not appearPerhaps there is an easy solution, perhaps more people suffer from the same.

I contacted the plugin designer, here is his reply:

Quote:I understand the issue but it's not caused by the plugin. The z-index property of the popup menu seems to be lower than Google Ads's z-index property, so it shows behind it. The plugin can't do anything...ask MyBB to increase the z-index property of the popup menu.

Any suggestions more than welcome. Since I use standard versions of both the software and the popular plugin MyAdvertisements, I can hardly be the only one suffering from this problem.

Thanks,
Hans.
can you share your forum url and a test account so that we can check this..

Edit: this cannot be treated as bug in mybb, hence moving to support
Please use only this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-189719.html . @mmadhankumar
@HvK please do not use multiple threads for the same issue
this thread is closed