MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change Classic Postbit to Horizontal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Right first I'd like to say I've looked everywhere but I cannot find a working tutorial for this, so please don't link anything unless it fully works.

This is what I want it to look like for everyone on the forum so I want it forced on them.

[Image: GmRkbOK.png]
Go to user cp and on settings change value of show potbit on classic mode on checkbox val and done!!!
(2016-03-12, 01:16 AM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]Go to user cp and on settings change value of show potbit on classic mode on checkbox val and done!!!

How can you do so for every user? Can you change it in the AdminCP? It's broken in 1.8.7 doesn't work.
(2016-03-12, 03:43 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]see this guidance => force / remove postbit style

How can you do so for every user? Can you change it in the AdminCP? It's broken in 1.8.7 doesn't work.
[/quote]

Use the method above it works in 1.8.7..
The settings in acp only affects certain users.., and it is not a true "force".

If you want a full true force try: [Tutorial]How to force/remove postbit styles

Or use a plugin making sure to change plugin compatability 18* to achieve the same goal: Force Postbit Layout "Forces all your users to use the default postbit style"

but...* note: you will find lengthly tutorials on how to force all users to view classic postbit, or use a plugin, but the humor is that the oldest trick is still the most simple trick being to just copy the contents of postbit classic template and replace all of the postbit template with the postbit classic template. Easy peasy...
This is from another support thread I answered today with a similar question to yours.

AdminCP > Configuration > Search "Post Layout" then Check "Display posts using the horizontal layout" and Save Settings

What this will do is force all new users who register to use the horizontal postbit layout. However your current users will still be using the classic layout, so what you need to do is...

Go to your database > SQL > Run the query below
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `classicpostbit` = '0' WHERE `classicpostbit` = '1'
go ACP --> Templates & Style --> Templates --> Your theme --> User Control Panel Templates --> usercp_options.

search for this code:
Code:
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="classicpostbit" id="classicpostbit" value="1" {$classicpostbitcheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="classicpostbit">{$lang->show_classic_postbit}</label></span></td>
</tr>

replace with this
Code:

<input type="hidden" name="classicpostbit" id="classicpostbit" value="0" />

run this query in PHPMyAdmin, or some other database manager:

Code:
UPDATE mybb_users SET classicpostbit='1' WHERE classicpostbit='0';

Also make sure that ACP > Configuration > Show Thread Options > Post Layout' is Display posts using the horizontal post layout