MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ Shoutbox Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So i had DVZ shoutbox installed was all working good then i thought i would give it a try on the DVZ Shoutbox with Private Messages and Mod Panel then everything went bad.

i think where i screwed up was by not using the unnistall button on admin cp ive just deleted the files directly from ftp.
I would just like to go back to DVZ shoutbox but when activated nothing will show up not even DVZ settings on admin cp. i did try reinstalling multiple times same problem, can anyone help ?
what is your forum url ? if you have a legit forum (see support eligibility policy)
then I might help provided that you are willing to give required temporary access
Problem:
Installed DVZ shoutbox all working good
Deleted DVZ shoutbox files from forum folder (did not Uninstall with plugin link "Uninstall")
Intalled DVZ Shoutbox with Private Messages and Mod Panel (shoutbox did not appear properly)
Deleted DVZ Shoutbox with Private Messages and Mod Panel files from forum folder (did not Uninstall with plugin link "Uninstall")
went back and installed DVZ shoutbox again (did not show up at all)

Forum URL: www.sobreviventes.net
Version 1.8.6

now as far as temporary acces goes, you want acess to my server or to my forum ? give access to my server is not something im willing to do, isnt there steps you could tell me to check or do instead of giving entire access to the whole thing

i have made an account for you,id be more comfortable pming you
most probably you have to drop the shoutbox database table and reinstall the plugin
(earlier messages if exist are lost - you may take backup before removing)
no need to backup shoutbox messages.
i did try make a search for "DVZ" on the entire database results were found in the following
mybb_adminlog
mybb_templates
mybb_themes
mybb_stylessheets

i do not know where the plugin is or if even exists in database
^ oh, database exists at web host server and it can be accessed through web host control panel (eg. phpMyAdmin)
ok and where is the shoutbox database table so i can drop it
if you select your forum's database at left side column then on right side you should be having all tables.
find the table with dvz_shoutbox and there should be a drop link on that row.
ok i did have a table called "mybb_dvz_reports_banned" dropped that table

reinstaled plugin and still same thing it just wont show.
futhermore i tried to Uninstall on plugins admin cp just to check and try reinstall once again i ge this error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3
Query:
DELETE FROM mybb_settinggroups WHERE gid=
suggestion was to drop table named with dvz_shoutbox (i.e. mybb_dvz_shoutbox)
Pages: 1 2