MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Focus Theme - Clean and Elegent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-04-16, 07:21 PM)palhanow Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man!
First, im brazilian and im very sorry about my bad english.
Second, very very nice theme for MyBB. It was what i´ve be looking all this time for my new forum. Its clean, its beautiful, its objective and very well designed! Congratulations for your job and your support!

But...

I'm not a coder. I can do basic plugin install and some very basic modification in the templates for the plugins works (steps by steps in the supports pages).

I want to use your theme in my Forum as a default theme for all my users (i know how to force this), but, i have a lot of plugins and im afraid that will not work anymore if i install your theme.

Im just intalled the following plugins in my new MyBB Forum 1.8.6:
- Auto Mention
- BAM Announcements Manager
- DVZ Mentions
- Google Analytics
- Google SEO (1.6.8 - Edited to be compatible with MyBB 1.8.x - just edited the plugin file, very easy, is for my urls looks nicer)
- Jones Core Master (For MyBot)
- MyBOT
- My Advertisements
- MyAlerts
- My Forum Icons (i dont know if will be compatible with this particular mod)
- My SEO
- Spoiler MyCode
- ThankYou/Like System + My Alerts Support
- MySubscription (going to install today)
- Multiple Userbars (going to install today too with your theme)

Im using classic postbit forced to all users and disabled the "list mode thread" (removed from the code, its annoying this useless mode view).

Can i install your theme and all this plugins will work nice?
Im very afraid of doing this and mess up all my forum, like i said, im very noob in this.

I can pay for your service or make a small donation for your support if anybody helps me.

Thanks very much and keep the good work. You should make money with your theme/job.

Regards from Brazil!! \0/

(2016-03-30, 02:59 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-30, 02:43 AM)RZeroX Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to get this theme to work with myalerts?

That should be easily possible.
I will test it and update the code here for you.

Edit :

here is the updated code :-

Open your Focus Theme template > Header Template > header_member and add this code before the {$modcplink}

{$myalerts_headericon}

Than open the Focus Theme template > Myalerts Template > myalerts_headericon
And replace the template with
    <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/alerts.php" class="myalerts {$newAlertsIndicator} open_modal"
       data-selector="#myalerts_alerts_modal" rel="modal:open">{$lang->myalerts_alerts}
        ({$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']})</a>

The Myalerts should work fine.

If you see the usercp after clicking alerts, just download the latest copy of Myalerts from GitHub and it will work fine.

I just did this instructions, but, when i click in the Alerts, still opening the CP User. And i downloaded the last version in GitHub.
See... Im messing my forum all over

Can you send me your forum temporary admin details and url, I will help you with this.
(2016-04-17, 06:34 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Can you send me your forum temporary admin details and url, I will help you with this.

Thanks for the reply man.
I've sended a e-mail to your website and get the answer too.

Where do you prefer to keep the conversation going?

Can i trust you guys with a login admin? I never done this before. And the money i send via PayPal?

Thanks very much again.

That's my Forum:
http://politz.com.br/forum/

You need full acess admin privileges?
Im creating the account right now.

(2016-03-30, 02:43 AM)RZeroX Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to get this theme to work with myalerts?

Edit :

Open your Focus Theme template > Header Template > header_member and add this code before the {$modcplink}

{$myalerts_headericon}

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/alerts.php" class="myalerts {$newAlertsIndicator} open_modal"
       data-selector="#myalerts_alerts_modal" rel="modal:open">{$lang->myalerts_alerts}

If you see the usercp after clicking alerts, just download the latest copy of Myalerts from GitHub and it will work fine.

Just sharing:
- It worked very well this instructions after i upgraded 1.8.6 to 1.8.7. Its funny i did that because the Moderation Panel and Admin Panel links are missing, now, they showed up again. 

Thanks!

For the icon show up, just put that code:
       data-selector="#myalerts_alerts_modal" rel="modal:open"><i class="fa fa-bell"></i> {$lang->myalerts_alerts}

Thanks again guys!
(2016-04-18, 12:47 PM)palhanow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-17, 06:34 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Can you send me your forum temporary admin details and url, I will help you with this.

Thanks for the reply man.
I've sended a e-mail to your website and get the answer too.

Where do you prefer to keep the conversation going?

Can i trust you guys with a login admin? I never done this before. And the money i send via PayPal?

Thanks very much again.

That's my Forum:
http://politz.com.br/forum/

You need full acess admin privileges?
Im creating the account right now.

Edit :

{$myalerts_headericon}

Just sharing:
- It worked very well this instructions after i upgraded 1.8.6 to 1.8.7. Its funny i did that because the Moderation Panel and Admin Panel links are missing, now, they showed up again. 

Thanks!

For the icon show up, just put that code:
       data-selector="#myalerts_alerts_modal" rel="modal:open"><i class="fa fa-bell"></i> {$lang->myalerts_alerts}

Thanks again guys!

Don't share the admin login details with anyone.
Also only give access to particular sections when giving admin login to other users.
#4 version is live and recommended to be used by everyone Smile
(2016-04-24, 05:26 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]#4 version is live and recommended to be used by everyone Smile

how to upgrade..? or just upload xml ? im wories mycode changed after upgrade #4
(2016-04-26, 12:40 PM)BSrpoints Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-24, 05:26 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]#4 version is live and recommended to be used by everyone Smile

how to upgrade..? or just upload xml ? im wories mycode changed after upgrade #4

You can install the theme side by side and copy all your changes in the new version Smile
Hey WallBB! How are you doing?
I just found your tutorials in your website and save it for reading tomorrow, nice job man!

Just one question: How i change the default font of your theme? My test users are complaining about the font specially when all the text are "MAXIMIZED LIKE THIS". For me the font is ok, but, the users, sorry to bring that to you. I searched some of the pages in the MyBB Forum, but, no thread give instructions like you do.

I know i have to change global.css but i see so many Lobster in all the files and i don't know how to change. Im thinking: Verdana or Arial for default font in all the layout.

Its hard to do?
(2016-04-30, 01:44 AM)palhanow Wrote: [ -> ]Hey WallBB! How are you doing?
I just found your tutorials in your website and save it for reading tomorrow, nice job man!

Just one question: How i change the default font of your theme? My test users are complaining about the font specially when all the text are "MAXIMIZED LIKE THIS". For me the font is ok, but, the users, sorry to bring that to you. I searched some of the pages in the MyBB Forum, but, no thread give instructions like you do.

I know i have to change global.css but i see so many Lobster in all the files and i don't know how to change. Im thinking: Verdana or Arial for default font in all the layout.

Its hard to do?
You can do search and replace of lobster with the font you want Smile
Hi, I'm trying to setup a forum for my organisation (BoxOfDevs) and I am using your "Focus" theme for it. I just have a few questions about how to setup various parts of it. First off, I have seen the explanation you gave for setting up the latest posts sidebar but didn't find the instructions you gave about changing codes very clear, could you give a better explanation of that please? Secondly, I can't find anything that explains how to setup the "Advertisments" section on the sidebar, could you also reply with an explanation of that? Also, I have been unable to find any explanations on how to customise the footer that comes with the theme, could you please help with that? Thank you in advance, I hope you reply soon!
(2016-05-04, 10:43 PM)TheDragonRing Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm trying to setup a forum for my organisation (BoxOfDevs) and I am using your "Focus" theme for it. I just have a few questions about how to setup various parts of it. First off, I have seen the explanation you gave for setting up the latest posts sidebar but didn't find the instructions you gave about changing codes very clear, could you give a better explanation of that please? Secondly, I can't find anything that explains how to setup the "Advertisments" section on the sidebar, could you also reply with an explanation of that? Also, I have been unable to find any explanations on how to customise the footer that comes with the theme, could you please help with that? Thank you in advance, I hope you reply soon!

Hey man,

I've ben there.

Let me try to help. Lets do like Jack The Ripper, by parts.

So, first thing, the sidebar AND the Ads:

Download this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-162649-...pid1195131

Go to ACP -> Templates and Style -> Index Templates -> Open index template.

Okey, a lot of codes bla bla, so, follow this:

Search and change this:
<div style="float:{$left};width: 80%;">{$forums}</div>
<div style="float:{$right};width:19%;">{$sidebar}</div>

To this:
{$forums}

And change this:

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead">
<strong><i class="fa fa-comments"></i> Recent Posts</strong>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">
Please use any recent posts plugin to show recent threads.</td>
</tr>
</table><br/>

To this:

{$sidebar}

Your index template should look like this, WITH THE ADS IN THE SIDE:
<html>
<head>

<!-- Site optimized with MySEO 1.0 -->
{$seo_index}
<!-- Site optimized with MySEO 1.0 -->

<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
{$headerinclude}
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	lang.no_new_posts = "{$lang->no_new_posts}";
	lang.click_mark_read = "{$lang->click_mark_read}";
// -->
</script>
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<div class="forum">

{$forums}
</div>
<div class="sidebar"><br/>
{$sidebar}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead"><strong><i class="fa fa-pie-chart"></i> Forum Stats</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">
<span class="smalltext">
{$mybb->settings['bbname']} tem {$stats['numusers']} registered members.<br />
New Threads: {$newestmember}<br />
Total Threads: {$stats['numthreads']}<br />
Total Posts: {$stats['numposts']}
</span>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<br />
<tr>
<td class="thead">
<strong><i class="fa fa-registered"></i> Ads here!</strong>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">
->>>>>>>>>PUT YOUR AD CODE HERE!! 250x250 box in Google AdSense should do the job great!</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
{$boardstats}
<dl class="forum_legend smalltext">
</dl>
<br class="clear" />
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

WallBB, please correct me if im wrong!
This is basically my index template without some customizing.

The Footer thing:

Just go in ACP -> Templates And Style -> Templates -> Footer Templates -> footer

Done. Copy the code inside, custom like you want, its very easy. Change what you want, remove what you want, customize texts, etc. Just dont remove the copyrights texts from MyBB and Focus Theme so you can get support in this Forum and to give credit to the proper authors.

Thats it. I hope this help you.