MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to remove tabs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my theme, *I stopped doing myBB for 3 months or so, & forgot how to do a lot of stuff,*
I have tabs, my site is Thrill.li if you are wondering, & I'm wanting to remove the 'Anime'
tab & the 'SE' tab, how would I do this?
powered by MyBB notice is missing and theme coder's copyright is also missing from your forum.
please add them back to receive support from this community. see support eligibility policy
moreover your forum is using a premium theme. PM me its purchasing proof so that I can help with referred issue.
(2016-03-14, 02:16 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]powered by MyBB notice is missing and theme coder's copyright is also missing from your forum.
please add them back to receive support from this community. see support eligibility policy
moreover your forum is using a premium theme. PM me its purchasing proof so that I can help with referred issue.

I removed the powered by MyBB because I temporarily removed the copyright for some reason that I forget, (I also removed the powered by mybb at the same time) the developer screwed me over & released the theme to his forum when I payed around $90 for it,
It was on skype on my old laptop so I cannot give proof of purchase, (Because I have no chat logs), but where would I re-add the powered by MyBB?
Admin CP --> Templates & Style --> *expand your template set* --> Footer Templates --> footer
Powered by <a href="http://www.mybb.com">MyBB</a>
(2016-03-14, 02:24 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]Admin CP --> Templates & Style --> *expand your template set* --> Footer Templates --> footer
Powered by <a href="http://www.mybb.com">MyBB</a>

Added to the footer.
You are removing specific tabs right? Are you by any chance using a plugin for this?
(2016-03-14, 08:25 AM)Aiko Wrote: [ -> ]You are removing specific tabs right? Are you by any chance using a plugin for this?

No, the tabs are a part of the theme. I got robbed of $300 by my forum partner & he knew how the
theme worked for the most part & where everything was.
Big fan of weeb.sx by the way.
have you checked your index templates? you will find your tabs there, if i'm not mistaken.
(2016-03-14, 07:43 PM)Moose Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-14, 08:25 AM)Aiko Wrote: [ -> ]You are removing specific tabs right? Are you by any chance using a plugin for this?

No, the tabs are a part of the theme. I got robbed of $300 by my forum partner & he knew how the
theme worked for the most part & where everything was.
Big fan of weeb.sx by the way.

Thanks for the kind words, i will help you the best i can:

Please make a backup before proceeding with anything:
  1. Go to your index template and delete all of this:
    <div class="tabs">
    				<a class="btn btn-red" rel="cat_3, #cat_6"><i id="tab-icon" class="fa fa-home"></i></a>
    				<a class="btn" rel="cat_18">Leaks</a>
    				<a class="btn" rel="cat_23">Coding</a>
    				<a class="btn" rel="cat_28">Cracking</a>
    				<a class="btn" rel="cat_93">Computers</a>
    				<a class="btn" rel="cat_34, #cat_57">Groups</a>
    				<a class="btn" rel="cat_40">Graphics</a>
    				<a class="btn" rel="cat_44">SE</a>
    				<a class="btn" rel="cat_50">Marketplace</a>
    				<a class="btn" rel="cat_104">Anime</a>
    				<a class="btn" rel="cat_79">Webmaster</a>
    				<a class="btn" rel="cat_36">Random</a>
    			</div>
  2. Next you should install an easy tab plugin such as: http://community.mybb.com/thread-88505.html or www.mybbcentral.com/thread-7687.html
  3. These plugins should have an easy access panel on your Admin CP to add and remove tabs as you please.

If you need any more assistance such as the styling and/or troubleshooting, send me a PM