MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Preview post" button without checks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

Some of my users had a request, which seems good for me.
When creating a new post, the title is mandatory even for preview. They want to preview without having this restriction.

I know, you'll ask me why ??? The reason is really simple: they use the lack of title as a security to not post until their message is OK, to prevent a button confusion and post an unfinished message.

It works in PM, why don't do the same for new posts ?

This suggestion could also be available for MyBB 2.0

Regards
(2016-03-15, 10:43 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]The reason is really simple: they use the lack of title as a security to not post until their message is OK, to prevent a button confusion and post an unfinished message.

That's why drafts are there. I'm also not sure how the lack of title prevents it, they simply should avoid clicking Post Reply.

I personally think that finding out immediately what's wrong with your post is useful when you decide to preview it. So when someone e.g. creates a thread with lots of images and there's a limit, but they don't know about the limit and click preview when they added quarter of images, it would be nice to warn them that adding even more isn't the best idea.

I'm not sure why it's different in PMs, but IMO it should work this way there too.