MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email notification of new posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all -
I'm advising my forum subscribers to subscribe to every forum topic in order to receive Email notification of new posts.

However, we've found that subscribers are not receiving notification of all posts. 
This message is included in the notification email :
"There may also be other new threads and replies but you will not receive anymore notifications until you visit the board again"

Is there a way to change the code so that emails are sent regardless of whether subscribers have visited the forum?
Huh
(2016-03-16, 01:29 PM)ferdamshur Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all -
I'm advising my forum subscribers to subscribe to every forum topic in order to receive Email notification of new posts.

However, we've found that subscribers are not receiving notification of all posts. 
This message is included in the notification email :
"There may also be other new threads and replies but you will not receive anymore notifications until you visit the board again"

Is there a way to change the code so that emails are sent regardless of whether subscribers have visited the forum?
Huh

I'm looking for the same thing. I run https://www.gamejobforum.com and this functionality is needed by users so that they can be notified of clients posting new jobs.
Bump - any ideas? Can a plugin do it? This is pretty critical functionality, without it I'll have to look at moving to another forum technology.
You can always ask for a custom plugin. More easily if you are willing to pay for it.
How does one go about requesting a plug in and how much would it cost? 

Should I just post something in the Plugin requests? I also have subscribed to my forums and rarely get a notification.

Sounds like a bug with the board since notifications are supposed to be send according to the docs.

Cindy (MyBB newbie)