MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.8.7 No plugins with PHP7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just updated to 1.8.7 and there are no plugins showing if using PHP 7.0.3

Switch back to 5.6 and they are there.

Plugin Settings are showing, but "index.php?module=config-plugins" is blank.
Try removing/deactivating them incrementally and switching back to PHP 7 - most likely it's one of them that's incompatible.
(2016-03-16, 08:15 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]Try removing/deactivating them incrementally and switching back to PHP 7 - most likely it's one of them that's incompatible.

OK I'll have to have a look later.

I'll post back my findings.

Thank you.
I'm running PHP-FPM 7.0.4 and there are no problems here, likely a plugin incompatibility. Smile
Hello Devilshakerz and  Marisa,

Thank you both. I can now confirm it's not a bug with 1.8.7 so apologies for that.

I've still not found the problem as it is happening across three different forums using variouse plug-ins (not all the same), so I'm trying to cross reference and find a pattern. So far I've found four that are used on all three forums and deactivated and even removed them altogether. But so far no Joy, so I will just have to have another look tomorrow.

I have installed a new forum without any plug-ins and agree it must be a plug-in problem. Which one I don't know yet.

If I do find it does anyone know if it is easy to make a plug-in compatible with PHP7.

Apologies once again as it is not a bug, and thank you for your help.
(2016-03-16, 10:02 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]If I do find it does anyone know if it is easy to make a plug-in compatible with PHP7.

The code will need to be changed - either the application logic or functions, which might have been removed or deprecated.

See https://secure.php.net/manual/en/migrati...atible.php
You could also enable error reporting temporarily to hopefully help work out which plugin(s) are causing problems.
Found the problem.

It was the old Akismet plugin that was always installed as standard. I've never used it and it's always just sat there doing nothing.

So after removing:

inc/plugins/akismet.php
inc/languages/english/akismet.lang.php
inc/languages/english/admin/forum_akismet.lang.php

Plugins are now showing as they should.

Thank you all for your help.

And apologies once again for saying it was a bug with 1.8.7
(2016-03-17, 12:52 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]Found the problem.

It was the old Akismet plugin that was always installed as standard. I've never used it and it's always just sat there doing nothing.

So after removing:

inc/plugins/akismet.php
inc/languages/english/akismet.lang.php
inc/languages/english/admin/forum_akismet.lang.php

This plugin has a bug in code:

Open akismet.php

Find:

if($mybb->settings['akismetuidsignore'])
		{
			$akismet_uids_ignore = explode(',', $mybb->settings['akismetuidsignore']);
			if(in_array($usergroup, $akismet_uids_ignore))
			{
				continue;
			}
		}

if(is_super_admin($post['uid']))
		{
			continue;
		}

change to:

if($mybb->settings['akismetuidsignore'])
		{
			$akismet_uids_ignore = explode(',', $mybb->settings['akismetuidsignore']);

}