MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable automatic line breaks in posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I recently made the switch to MyBB forums, and my site is http://broken.feathre.com

Basically, I don't like automatic line breaks in the post editor/posts, for reasons I don't want to explain. I much prefer manually putting in <p> and <br> or [p] and [br] and having plainĀ entered lines not affect the post's outcome. I understand thisĀ "wastes" the mybb automatic line breaking, but the coding I perform in my posts benefits without automatic line breaking.

If this requires a plug in, I will definitely request it as I currently don't have the skill set to create it myself.

Thanks!
[Image: 0df0e04c0e0ad30c2f85c50f8273dead.png]

change these settings to no

they are under board settings
Thank you for your response, but I tried that and it just disables the use of formatting codes, [b] and such, not line breaks.

But thank you!
do you mean enter key (return key) should have no effect ?
(eg. if a, b, c, d, e are typed in different lines then they are displayed in a single line like a b c d e ..)
yes, exactly
would you like to try custom MyCode for it .. [guidance links => general | configuration]

regular expression => \n
replacement => &nbsp;
Yes that works! Though, is there a way to do it without creating a space?