MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users who are no longer in group w/ custom title perms still have the title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Certain groups on our forums have the permission to set a custom user title. When they are removed from the group however, the custom title remains there. Is there a way to reset it or set it to blank or hide it or anything like that, if they're not in the group or a group that has user title perms?

Thanks
if there are only a small bunch of members, then you can remove their user titles individually from their profile on ACP... or run the below sql queries from phpmyadmin...

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usertitle` = '' WHERE `usergroup` = 'X'

or

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usertitle` = '' WHERE `uid` = 'Y' 

X will be the new usergroup to which they are moved and Y is the uid of the member you wish to reset the title..
Thanks! We're onto something.

There are about 5 groups that are allowed to have user titles. Users will be moved to and from these groups frequently (they are monthly based perks, one month you may be in a group but in another month you may just be a regular member).

I suppose I could set a daily task to run UPDATE mybb_users SET usertitle = '' WHERE usergroup NOT IN (3,4,6,8,9,13,14)

Although with future-proofing in mind, if we ever reinstall the forums for whatever reason, the usergroups' IDs may change, so I was really hoping for a code solution, simply letting the usertitle stay but hiding it via php/javascript/something if the user is not in one of those groups, that way if they return to the group, their usertitle is back

Sorry, I explained myself poorly.

The usertitle should only appear under a user's name if that user is in group ID X, Y, Z.

By this I mean, groups X Y and Z are "premium" groups that users pay to be in and receive the priviledge to have a usertitle. But they pay for 30 days of benefits. If the 30 days are over, they are moved back to regular registered group, at which point their user title should become hidden since they are no longer paying for the benefits of "premium".
As far as i can understand you need a plugin which will set default profile once he is moved or removed from custom group. All the changes done on his profile i.e usergroup badge, user title, stars rating get removed and set to default group in which they are moved, isn't it?

You need a plugin for that, and trust me you wont find a developer for this, nor free nor paid. I'm struggling from months for my plugins (check my threads), Asked 100+ developers but they are busy , some not interested etc.. in short forget a plugin and use template conditional Smile that's life Sad
(2016-03-17, 08:46 AM)Monkeys Wrote: [ -> ]By this I mean, groups X Y and Z are "premium" groups that users pay to be in and receive the priviledge to have a usertitle. But they pay for 30 days of benefits. If the 30 days are over, they are moved back to regular registered group, at which point their user title should become hidden since they are no longer paying for the benefits of "premium".

Why not use VIP Membership to do that? You can set up the time they stay on that usergroup, and you won't be needing to edit their usertitles...