MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need help with the CSS editor.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's a bit hard to explain. The thing is, there is no section on the theme editor to edit the code_header, code_body, quote_header, and quote_body CSS properties. So what I did is I edited it directly on MySQL, but when I do another change to the CSS on the theme editor, it reverts the code_header (etc) back to the default ones.

Is there a way to just edit them? I tried editing some of the MyBB files but couldn't get around it...

thanks
Using MySQL to edit CSS is bad. You could potentially screw up your theme and the theme editor.

Either way, You must've missed it because it's in the additional CSS.
that's weird... I mean the additional CSS is empty. On the default theme there are a couple things on it but if I make a new theme, the additional thing is just empty.
I've noticed this too on my localhost.

When a new style is made, the Additional CSS field just comes up empty.

If you copy and paste the Additional CSS field from the default theme to your custom theme, you should find it.
At first I thought of doing that, but then I thought that by adding it then it would have 2 of the same property thing in the CSS. Is that a problem?
I wouldn't think so.

Try it out and let me know.
Yea I tried it. Now it has two of them. It adds both the Additional CSS (Master) and the Additional CSS (Custom)... in which the contents, as you may expect, are the same.
Can you edit the pasted one and see if the effects are applied?
yea i edited it... still adds both of them
But are your edits being applied to your website? Like, you edit quote_body and the edits are applied to the quote bodies of posts.
Pages: 1 2