MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need a little help changing some colors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm having a little problem changing some colors of some fields on my board that I can't figure out. This is my board

Cardinalempire.net

Here is the field  I want to change:

[attachment=35944]

I want to change the .tcat bars from gray to black and the text in the bars(forum, threads, posts, etc.. ) from black to white. I can change the bar from gray to black easy enough but its telling me that the text in that bar is tied to .smalltext and when I change the color of .smalltext from black to white its also changing the color of other text on other parts of the board that I dont want to change. How can I change just the color of the text in the .tcat bars from black to white? Thanks
may be like this
 td.tcat > .smalltext strong {color: white;}
Where do I add that .m? In the template?

I can change it easy enough under .tcat on the dark version of the board. Its almost like something is broken in this theme. Changing the color of the text under .tcat should change it but even plugging in white color code it stays black.
adding suggested code at bottom of global.css (advanced mode) should work
That worked .m but it also changed the color of the last post text on my board from black to white as well:

[attachment=35945]

This is so weird. I dont have these issues on the dark theme of the board which the white theme is duplicated from.

Nevermind! I got it. I entered it wrong in the global.css. Thanks so much again .m!

.m, I have another question if you get time. Concerning the .trow_sep bars that are in the forums, the ones that say "normal thread" and "important thread". How would I go about changing just the color of the "important thread" bar to a different color? Say from like black to yellow? They are all tied to .trow_sep in .css. Thanks
style code like below should work at bottom of global.css for the important threads row
tr:nth-child(3)  > .trow_sep {background: yellow; color:red;}
(2016-03-19, 03:20 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]style code like below should work at bottom of global.css for the important threads row
tr:nth-child(3)  > .trow_sep {background: yellow; color:red;}

Thanks a bunch! Big Grin

(2016-03-19, 03:22 AM)maintainin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-19, 03:20 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]style code like below should work at bottom of global.css for the important threads row
tr:nth-child(3)  > .trow_sep {background: yellow; color:red;}

Thanks a bunch! Big Grin

Worked like a charm. You are a  Angel.