MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permissions problems on installation, despite following instructions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get the following during installation:
=====
Requirements Check
Before you can install MyBB, we must check that you meet the minimum requirements for installation.
Requirements Check
RequirementsPHP Version:
Supported DB Extensions:
MySQL Improved, MySQL, SQLite 3
Supported Translation Extensions:
Multi-Byte, iconv
PHP XML Extensions:
Installed
Configuration File Writable:
Not Writable
Settings File Writable:
Writable
Cache Directory Writable:
Not Writable
File Uploads Directory Writable:
Writable
Avatar Uploads Directory Writable:
Writable

Error
The MyBB Requirements check failed due to the reasons below. MyBB installation cannot continue because you did not meet the MyBB requirements. Please correct the errors below and try again:
  • The configuration file (inc/config.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmodpermissions to allow it to be written to.
  • The cache directory (cache/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.
=====
I am running apache under CentOS 7
Here are the permissions:

-rw-rw-rw-. 1 apache apache 0 Oct 16  2012 inc/config.php
drwxrwxrwx. 3 apache apache 36 Sep  7  2015 cache

Not sure what to try next.
can you recheck the file permissions through file manager / ftp client ..
(2016-03-18, 10:08 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can you recheck the file permissions through file manager / ftp client ..

I am not accessing through ftp, but rather directly from ssh session.
I finally found how to fix this.

The problem was that I needed to modify the selinux configuration appropriately. For others encountering the same problem: if selinux is enforced, you need to do (single line command)

chcon -t httpd_sys_rw_content_t cache cache/themes uploads uploads/avatars admin/backups inc/config.php inc/settings.php inc/languages/english/*.php inc/languages/english/admin/*.php