MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem (Attachment Types)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I´m having problems with the attached files of the type .rar. I have formed the MIMES from the control panel hereby:
Quote:Extension: rar
MIME Type: application/rar
Maximum Size: 5120
Icon: /images/rar.gif
On having tried to download the attached file it recognizes the file since .pdf, being opened the Adobe Reader 6.0 in my case. I believe that produces a confusion with the type of file. I tried erasing the Type of MIME (.pdf) but it continues without working. I examined the configuration in my server and there are no problems. I wait for your help Big Grin.

Thanks!
application/x-compressed
application/x-rar
application/x-rar-compressed

Try these 3 mime types. (one at a time of course)
Thx labrocca!. Solved problem Big Grin
I continue having problems with some attached files with extension .rar. Some of them download without problems but others don´t work. I try the 3 mime types. What´s the cause of the problem?
Others don't work how? The download does not start? The downloaded attachment is corrupt? Be specific.
Quote:On having tried to download the attached file it recognizes the file since .pdf, being opened the Adobe Reader 6.0 in my case. I believe that produces a confusion with the type of file. I tried erasing the Type of MIME (.pdf) but it continues without working. I examined the configuration in my server and there are no problems.
hi, i have a problem...

how can i add a .rar file to allowed to upload as Attachments?Smile

can someone tell me?
plz i neeed this;(

cheersSmile
AdminCP -> Attachments -> Add Type:
Extension: rar
MIME Type: <try some of the ones suggested above, or you can use the generic application/octect-stream>
Maximum size: <your choice>
Icon: <your choice>