MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Image borders.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently trying to implement some images to replace the otherwise standard (boring) borders of the table class. Like Audentio has done here -- rounded image borders around the forum categories and welcome header. Also, the WiiLoaded forums have done the same as well with their borders.

With enough tinkering, I managed to do so playing around with padding and background variables, however this only seemed to render properly under a Firefox engine. IE was, well, less than ideal...

If anyone has any lingering suspicions as to how to go about implementing imaged borders that renders properly in both Firefox and IE, please let me in on how it's done. Smile (I unfortunately can't seem to find an actual copy of the themes linked above to look into myself)
Lopalong Wrote:http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-border...rder-image
I've already read this arcticle, however to my knowledge, IE has less than ideal support of CSS3.

I'm looking for something universally compatible with the majority of big-gun browsers, otherwise my problem would have been already solved. Smile
The samples you posted are a mixture of .css loading the graphics and straight html in some instances.

Mixing the two can be fairly involved, but most of it would use .css to handle the images. Wink
Ah, shoot, I was hoping that wasn't the case. That's something I don't have the time and patience to do. Was hoping for something that can be directly implemented through stylesheets only.

Ah well, I'll live! Would've been nice though.
I don't know puddingpop,

But examples are the best teacher. Wink Why not d/l a theme like that - - even if it's not for MyBB - - and you soon get to pick it up on how it's put together.

Though putting something together that you specifically want is something else. Toungue