MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Set Custom permissions is bugged in Forum Management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi MyBB team,
The Set Custom permissions is bugged in Forum Management.

Description of the issue-
When saving custom permissions for a particular group in a forum in modal box, the forum redirects to a blank page with " as the message instead of the modal box which saves the modified permissions.

When does the issue arise :-
When we want to set custom permissions for certain Forums for certain usergroups

How to reproduce:-
  1. Go to the forum Management page admin/index.php?module=forum
  2. Than click on any forum and select permissions - admin/index.php?module=forum-management&fid=2#tab_permissions
  3. Click on any usergroup Set Custom permissions and change permissions of the group and click save.
  4. You will be redirected to a page with content as ".
Important Observation :-
This issue only arises when we click Set Custom Permissions and the content in the modal box is not having tabs. If the content is having tabs than it works properly.

Regards
WallBB
This was fixed in 1.8.7, so marking as duplicate. Please report only issues for the current MyBB version.
(2016-03-22, 02:36 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]This was fixed in 1.8.7, so marking as duplicate. Please report only issues for the current MyBB version.

I have updated MyBB to 1.8.7 and found the issue on 1.8.7
Forum url can be provided if needed.
Try refreshing your cache (CTRL + F5) on the forum permission page
(2016-03-22, 03:25 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Try refreshing your cache (CTRL + F5) on the forum permission page

Tried but it doesn't work and the issue is still there.
You can PM me URL + temp admin credentials to check.

EDIT: it was caused by Cloudflare
(2016-03-24, 07:04 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]You can PM me URL + temp admin credentials to check.
Sure Destroy666, I have sent you details.