MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make a certain post into a thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

not sure if this should be suggested for 1.8, but since you are surely busy 2.0 i thought it would be better for 2.0.
In my opinion it would be nice to be able to make a certain post of a thread to an own thread.

So i take post #3, use the moderation options and select 'Make post to thread' and then you select a forum the thread should be placed on and done. Of course the moderator would have to choose the subject of thread, but the thread author would be the person with the post.

This is pretty useful when there is a not related post on a thread, but you don't want to delete it and you don't want to keep it, but rather want to give it a new thread and maybe continue there, or give support there, whatever.
This can be achieved in 1.8 via the "Split Posts" moderation tool. So I'm pretty sure this feature will make it into 2.0.
Ow lol, never noticed that one. My bad.
(2016-03-22, 11:06 PM)Nik101010 Wrote: [ -> ]This can be achieved in 1.8 via the "Split Posts" moderation tool. So I'm pretty sure this feature will make it into 2.0.

That's what I was thinking.