MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IP address of user coming from inside VPC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Doing some testing with this new architecture and one issue I am seeing is that when new users sign up for the forum they are registering from an IP address that is coming from one of the web servers inside AWS instead of the true IP address of the user's location.  

How does the software determine what the user's IP address is?  Remember, I am the one doing a distributed architecture so I have two web servers fronted by a load balancer in this architecture.

Thanks.
may be scrutinizing IP address helps
admin panel >> configuration (settings) >> Server and Optimization Options >> Scrutinize User's IP address?
(2016-03-24, 12:16 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]may be scrutinizing IP address helps
admin panel >> configuration (settings) >>  Server and Optimization Options >> Scrutinize User's IP address?

That is currently set to no so you are saying set that to yes might help?  To be clear, the error user's are getting when trying to sign up is, "IP address registered 2x in last 24 hrs".

Thanks for the prompt reply.
^ yes, setting it to yes might help.
That did not work. Any other suggestions?
^ check if this helps => issue 2070
Has this not been implemented into the current version?
^ no. it is expected to be checked for the forthcoming version
Very good. I will make the change suggested in the functions.php file and see if that works.