MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Strange PHP files in directories of my host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I have this "type" of PHP files in random places in my hosting. [Image: P7b4Wmd.png]
What can they be? Some kind of virus?
Virus is not possible in linux through php files but these files can be storage files for some settings your host placed in skeleton directory, did you tried to delete them?
Contact your host, it maybe possible your hosting account is hacked and someone is loading some type of malicious files for spam activities.
Check the code. Post it here if you can.
Those are most likely malicious/spam files. I would backup and delete them pretty quickly. They are usually remote file uploaders or mail proxies. We scan our customer's accounts with ClamAV every day and it constantly find/removes quite a few of them. If you're running Wordpress make sure it is 100% up to date. Once you clean them up, change ALL of your hosting account passwords (MySQL, FTP, cPanel, etc).
They're all the same size and all seem to have names/etc in them it's probably a spamming script or similar.
Remove them and contact your web host about your account being hacked. What host are you using?