MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just wondering before upload
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am really new at this and I always try to read any and all info before I ask anything. Here go's should the database be created before uploading. I am using mysql..

Thanks Starslider
You need a empty DB before you start, during the installation it will ask you for entering your DBname, User & Password. After that it will create all the necessary tables + imports data [theme/css].
LeX- Wrote:You need a empty DB before you start, during the installation it will ask you for entering your DBname, User & Password. After that it will create all the necessary tables + imports data [theme/css].

Ok so the db should be created, but it just needs to be empty right?
Starslider Wrote:
LeX- Wrote:You need a empty DB before you start, during the installation it will ask you for entering your DBname, User & Password. After that it will create all the necessary tables + imports data [theme/css].

I suppose you can use an existing one, but it will be a mix of tables than =P But to make sure everything goes well, i should take an empty one =P
LeX- Wrote:
Starslider Wrote:

I suppose you can use an existing one, but it will be a mix of tables than =P But to make sure everything goes well, i should take an empty one =P

Ok thank you so much