MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Agreement - What file?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
destroyer Wrote:Just use the one already uploaded on your server. Edit it, and upload it again.

You get a .php file if you save it as such.

Also; I always juse notepad.

Thanks. I downloaded the one from the Server and used Wordpad; this resulted in ASCII garbage as mentioned in my previous Post. If you're saving it with Notepad, I don't see how since that extension is not a 'Save As' option. Are you saving it as ASCII Text with one of the forms of encoding? (ANSI, Unicode, etc).

I should mention that I did add four or five lines but maintained the same syntax that prefixes and suffixes that of the existing Code.

Thanks again!

Lyman
What's the error (garbage your getting) or provide a link to your forum then.

Also, never use notepad to edit php files, it adds spaces before <?php and sometimes causes scripts to crash and burn.
Tikitiki Wrote:What's the error (garbage your getting) or provide a link to your forum then.

Also, never use notepad to edit php files, it adds spaces before <?php and sometimes causes scripts to crash and burn.

Thanks. I am now using my Hosting companies editor and that's working fine.

However, the maximum number of additional agreement items appears to be limited to six; anything beyond that just doesn't show. Is that correct?

Thanks.
You'd then need to edit the member_register_agreement template to add in additional {$lang->agreement_X} statements to pull out the other ones (X being the numbers of them you have added).

Alternatively you could just edit the sixth one and place a </p><p> In between.

For example,

$l['agreement_6'] = "Test 123</p><p>Test 456</p><p>Test 789";

Regards,
Chris
Chris Boulton Wrote:You'd then need to edit the member_register_agreement template to add in additional {$lang->agreement_X} statements to pull out the other ones (X being the numbers of them you have added).

Alternatively you could just edit the sixth one and place a </p><p> In between.

For example,

$l['agreement_6'] = "Test 123</p><p>Test 456</p><p>Test 789";

Regards,
Chris

Chris, many thanks!

Best,

Lyman
Pages: 1 2