MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Full Edit not seeing the whole thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

So I've recently upgraded to MyBB 1.8.7, this brought about a few issues. Most of which I've fixed now.

One issue that remains that I am totally stumped on is when I go to edit a particularly long thread on my forum.

When I do a quick edit on this thread I am able to edit the whole thread without any issues. However, if I click Full Edit on this thread it only lets me edit the first 30 lines or so (most of which are blank anyway) the rest seems to have been chopped off and do not appear in the editor.

I've tried doing a preview post of what's in the Full Editor but that too only shows what's been loaded into the Full Editor.

I am totally stumped. I really need some help with this one,

I have tried changing Mybb_posts Message size from TEXT to LONGTEXT incase it was a character limit issue, I changed the character limit in the Post section of my forum's configuration from the default of TEXT up to LONGTEXT (4294967295) and I've now tried setting it to 0. This doesn't seem to be the issue though since there aren't even 65k characters, and as long as I use the quick editor I'm able to edit all of it and create very long threads. The full Editor seems to be the issue here?

Furthermore, I tried changing my Editor Style just in the vain hope that might do something, but as I'm sure you know that simply changes the style, not the functionality of it. 

Thanks in advance,
provide forum url & a test user account so that someone can check it
Moving to bug reports since I can reproduce it on this forum.

Did it start happening after 1.8.7 update? Looks like a SCEditor problem, but there were no changes to SCEditor in this version AFAIR.
(2016-03-26, 04:38 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Moving to bug reports since I can reproduce it on this forum.

Did it start happening after 1.8.7 update? Looks like a SCEditor problem, but there were no changes to SCEditor in this version AFAIR.

You're correct, .m. came to my aid and helped me and discovered it was SCEditor, so recommend I installed another text editor called Rin Editor but that isn't seeing ANY text in full editor or quick editor so apparently my threads empty according to Rin Editor.

Not sure if I configured it wrong or what?
^ please use source mode of the Rin editor at present !

user control panel >> edit options >> Other Options >> Put the editor in source mode by default --> select & save

setting it for all users by using SQL queries
Quote:
ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` CHANGE `sourceeditor` `sourceeditor` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1';
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `sourceeditor` = '1' WHERE `sourceeditor` = '0';

see also (if required) => common sql queries guidance
I've debugged this here and it's caused by misused bbcodes (eg one list isn't closed, some align codes were misused) so it's not an issue per se. However I'm going to contact Sam to see whether we can disable the automatic detection of SCEditor which doesn't seem to properly work.