MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatar not showing in VirtualBlue theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

So I've just installed VirtualBlue theme on one of my forums.

The installation went perfectly, everything appears to be working which seems to be a first for me. I guess conflicts of versions are the result of common bugs I find with new themes. Regardless, I did bump into one issue, I set a default avatar for the Forum. This default avatars displays perfectly when you go to a users profile and when you view the Members List, it doesn't however display correctly on the index page. It looks like this:
 [Image: sg89eO2_t.png]

I replaced the existing default avatar with a new one the exact dimensions (100x100) and I've not touched any of the other settings regarding the avatar size. 

Really unsure as to why this is happening. I would provide the forum URL but it's locked down at the moment as we're still editing permissions. If somebody thinks they can assist, I would be happy to provide the URL and temporary access. I'm hoping this is just a stupid mistake I've overlooked somewhere though.

Many thanks in advance,
Can you try updating your avatar on the forum and see if it is still showing blank avatar ?
It may be possible that default avatar name is different in the theme.
(2016-03-27, 02:30 PM)subzr1 Wrote: [ -> ]maybe this can help Wink
http://community.mybb.com/thread-166660.html

Thank you subzr1, the original post on that thread was super easy. I installed the plugin being lazy that I am, and it worked. All i did was upload 1 file, clicked Activate in the ACP and that was it! Thank you so much!

And thank you WallBB for your quick response too and trying to assist. But subzr1's suggestion seems to have done the job. Not sure why exactly it wasn't working by default. But it is now!