MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Move "Administrator Notes" Box Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

A Google search doesn't return anything. To be honest I'm quite surprised! Okay, when logging in to the admin panel, the default order is:

[DASHBOARD - Server info/stats]
[LATEST MYBB ANNOUCEMENTS] [ADMIN NOTES]

I would be looking to change it so that Admin notes were at the top, and had the whole width to itself rather than sharing it with the annoucements section. For example:

[ADMIN NOTES]
[DASHBOARD]
[MYBB ANNOUCEMENTS]

Equally is there any way to extend the length of the admin notes box?

Thank you!
~/admin/modules/home/index.php#L332-L348
above code segment may be moved next to below code line

~/admin/modules/home/index.php#L300
$adminmessage = $cache->read("adminnotes");

AND
<div class="float_right" style="width: 48%;">';
can be changed to
<div class="admin_notes" style="width: 98%;">';

<div class="float_left" style="width: 48%;">';
may be changed to
<div class="float_left" style="width: 98%;">';
Hey, I've tried that and I'm getting a " Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'width' (T_STRING), expecting ',' or ';' in /home/boaclan/public_html/web/admin/modules/home/index.php on line 324" error.

That line is: " $table->construct_cell("<strong>{$lang->mybb_version}</strong>", array('width' => '25%'));"

http://pastie.org/private/cj5ucjbfvccurcojid1fia

The rest of the file after the first text move had gone gray as if to say some tag was not closed properly or something even though it seems closed to me. I don't know PHP though... probably should!

Thanks
can you try again with below changes in your pasted code

join lines 302 & 303
echo '<div class="admin_notes" style="width: 98%;">';

line 318 should be
echo '</div>';

line 350 should be
echo '<div class="float_left" style="width: 98%;">';
Thank you. The issue was that:

echo '</div>';

was missing the ;

and

echo '<div class="float_left" style="width: 98%;">'; 

Was missing echo '

However, there is now no gap between the save notes button and the dashboard stats:

[Image: ejaoh4.png]

I fixed the width issue by changing it to 100%, however I don't have adequate PHP knowledge to fix that gap issue.

http://pastie.org/private/i9ovxmk1spx4y8ech646xw

Thanks!
^ in the above pasted code after line 318 , you can add echo '<br />';
Thank you. One last thing... Any way that I can copy (my idea being I will reduce the px to just a few lines but they can go to preferences for the full thing) the personal notes section from Preferences to the Dashboard, underneath the shared Admin notes? I have looked for something similar to the original one we've just done for the Admin notes but no luck. That will be it after this one I swear Toungue
Thank you for all of your help so far though.