MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Smilies in quick reply?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
is there a code for this?
I don't know if there's a plugin for this, or just type the smilie code in.

Sad Smile Wink Toungue

:( :) ;) :P
etc.
I think you should install my Hoteditor WYSIWYG MOD for MyBB 1.2.x. Check out Quick Reply box at my demo site here

http://www.ecardmax.com/hoteditor_forums...php?tid=33

Regards,
eCardMAX.com Wrote:I think you should install my Hoteditor WYSIWYG MOD for MyBB 1.2.x. Check out Quick Reply box at my demo site here

Regards,

I don't see much of that Quick Reply Box, you probably need to register for it ?
Smile

It looks pretty good, it also takes a lot of MyBB core file modifications for it to work.

Not something that everyone wants to do. Sad

It also appears to use its own .css in preference to the theme[url] that MyBB uses.

And it looks a lot like the "bbcode_box_reloaded_122a" by reddog

I'll have a look at it to see exactly what it does, what the © restrictions are, and maybe offer pre-modified MyBB core files for download. With a Credit link etc, to your site in the themes I make.

Other than that I may continue to work on the default MyBB editor, which is what I'm doing at the moment.. Wink

eCardMAX.com Wrote:I think you should install my Hoteditor WYSIWYG MOD for MyBB 1.2.x. Check out Quick Reply box at my demo site here

Regards,
I agree, I don't know why the Hoteditor modification wasn't converted into a plugin, It would save a lot of hassle.
Mamoun Wrote:I agree, I don't know why the Hoteditor modification wasn't converted into a plugin, It would save a lot of hassle.

Because it's copyright and belongs to someone else. The only way it can be made into a plugin, is with the permission of the owner. Wink

The pic is a GPL editor that could be modified for MyBB and released under the SAME GPL license. (Meaning you do it for nothing and can't make a buck out of it).

Then extra functions could be added. Like the six I removed from the pic.  Wink
not sure if, i am advanced enough to install that... haha
I've already added 6 fuctions to the editor.. Smile and clip-art-Parser is easy and is something I may do next.

But! it has some way to go. Wink
LeX- Wrote:

Regards,
I don't see much of that Quick Reply Box, you probably need to register for it ?
Just fixed forum permission so that guest can post reply. Now you can see the reply box.

Quote:it also takes a lot of MyBB core file modifications for it to work.
Not really. All you need to do is modify 1 php script file name inc/class_parser.php (add some new BBCode which current MyBB doesn't support such as strike - hightlight - flash - sub - sup), the second file you need to edit is jscripts/thread.js. All you need to do is CUT & PASTE
Quote:I agree, I don't know why the Hoteditor modification wasn't converted into a plugin, It would save a lot of hassle.
This MOD has to deal with HTML template. Everybody could run a different template. I can't make a plug-in that works with all templates. That's a reason why you guys have to edit your own template manually (follow the MOD instruction to find HTML <textarea></textarea> tag and replace it with HotEditor javascript code.
Quote:not sure if, i am advanced enough to install that... haha
Try to read the instruction first, I believe you will find it's not hard to install the MOD.

Again, HotEditor is Free for everyone to use as long as you keep the credit text "WYSIWYG Powered by eCardMAX.com" (you also have an option to remove this credit with a small fee - visit ecardmax website for more information)

Hope this MOD will help someone.
Pages: 1 2