MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Transfer MyBB Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried this a total of two times now, and it still doesn't work. I'm trying to take the database from one host and move it to the other. So far, I've gotten the sql.gz, but when I put it into the new database on the new host through phpmyadmin, the only thing that pops up is mybb_adminlogs. Could anyone possibly help?
You can dump the database through your AdminCP, make sure you are selecting the database not just a individual table and use advanced so you know what tables you are exporting.
try to backup from your admin cp (select all the tables you need) or from cPanel.
(2016-03-30, 09:17 PM)RZeroX Wrote: [ -> ]You can dump the database through your AdminCP, make sure you are selecting the database not just a individual table and use advanced so you know what tables you are exporting.
That's currently what I'm trying to do, but it's not working
(2016-03-30, 09:19 PM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]try to backup from your admin cp (select all the tables you need) or from cPanel.

I am doing it from AdminCP. And I've tried through cPanel, and it just gives me an error stating that it can't be used.

It's like it's just downloading the mybb_adminlogs and that's it. Nothing else.
what's your host?
If all else fails try exporting your db through PHPMyAdmin.
(2016-03-30, 11:58 PM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]what's your host?
I'm going from SpeedyWebz to THCServers
(2016-03-31, 12:26 AM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]If all else fails try exporting your db through PHPMyAdmin.
I've tried, and then I've tried uploading it to the other host and it tells me that <name> doesn't have access to <database>
try this way.. Go to phpMyAdmin, select the databse >> Export tab and export it.. Open phpMyAdmin on new host, select the new database, drop all tables, Go to import tab, upload the backup
(2016-03-31, 03:14 AM)LucidiousXIV Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-30, 11:58 PM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]what's your host?
I'm going from SpeedyWebz to THCServers
(2016-03-31, 12:26 AM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]If all else fails try exporting your db through PHPMyAdmin.
I've tried, and then I've tried uploading it to the other host and it tells me that <name> doesn't have access to <database>

You need to make sure it's using the correct new database password and username in your inc/config.php core file.
This guide of @TheGarfield, can help you... 

http://community.mybb.com/thread-106907.html