MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Minimize the size of user profile box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I want to make the forum space more effective, so please help me with some sugestions. Today, if somebody write something on my forum, the post look like this one:

[attachment=35996]

How to:

1. remove the blank space between user title and avatar, and between avatar and next row -  "Posts: 5.395"
2. remove from the profile box the row with the number of threads opened "Threads: 187"
3. add an icon to the last row from the profile box ("Localitate" mean City)

Thanks,
admin panel >> templates (left side menu) >> square templates >> post bit templates >> postbit_classic
find code similar to below (near the top)
<span class="smalltext">
{$post['usertitle']}<br /><br />
{$post['userstars']}<br />
{$post['groupimage']}<br />
{$post['useravatar']}<br /><br />
{$post['user_details']}
</span><br />

you can remove break lines (<br />) as required.

navigate to postbit_author_user template under post bit templates
find code similar to below and delete it
<i class="fa fa-file-text fa-fw" style="font-size: 14px;"></i>{$lang->postbit_threads} {$post['threadnum']}<br />

and navigate to postbit_profilefield template under post bit templates
you can add required icon image there before {$post['fieldname']}: {$post['fieldvalue']}
<i class="fa fa-home fa-fw" style="font-size: 14px;"></i>{$post['fieldname']}: {$post['fieldvalue']}
Thank you .m. !!! 

But after adding the last line with home icon, the custom field named "Localitate: Bucuresti" (mean City: Bucharest) is still present. If I go in ACP - Config - Custom Profile Fields - Localitate (mean City) - Display on postbit?  and I choose NO, both rows will dissapear, not only "Localitate: Bucuresti"

So, how to remove the last row "Localitate: Bucuresti" from the user profile box ?

[attachment=35999]

And how to remove the dotted line under avatar?
Please, don't forget me! Smile
(2016-03-31, 09:21 PM)Lyvyoo Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you .m. !!! 

But after adding the last line with home icon, the custom field named "Localitate: Bucuresti" (mean City: Bucharest) is still present. If I go in ACP - Config - Custom Profile Fields - Localitate (mean City) - Display on postbit?  and I choose NO, both rows will dissapear, not only "Localitate: Bucuresti"

So, how to remove the last row "Localitate: Bucuresti" from the user profile box ?

And how to remove the dotted line under avatar?
You need to remove the last variable in postbit_author_user and it will solve the problem.
Can you post your postbit_author_user template please.

Regards
WallBB
Thank you,
It worked after I deleted

{$post['fieldname']}: {$post['fieldvalue']}

and leave just what .m. wrote above:

<class="fa fa-home fa-fw" style="font-size: 14px;"></i>{$post['fieldname']}: {$post['fieldvalue']}