MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: relocate [b] [u] and [i] to ACP mycodes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I suggest that the "mycodes" [b] [u] and [i] are moved to the other (custom) mycodes, so that one can customize them easily via ACP. Now you have to edit class_parser in the core if you want them to have another style (e.g. give them a class called "bold" and then in CSS not only change font-weight bit also the color of class "bold").
I would actually like to see all of the default mycodes in the ACP. It would be nice to remove the ones you don't use.
It's probably better to switch out the inline styles with some mycode_* classes. It's a lot less work for the same result.
(2016-03-31, 09:28 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It's probably better to switch out the inline styles with some mycode_* classes. It's a lot less work for the same result.

This is also okay for me, same result. Can CSS be updated with an upgrade?
(2016-04-02, 10:50 PM)Amaryllion Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-31, 09:28 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It's probably better to switch out the inline styles with some mycode_* classes. It's a lot less work for the same result.

It would be up to theme authors to ensure their themes are compatible with the latest release of MyBB. I believe the MyBB master style is automatically updated when running the upgrade script so any themes inheriting stylesheets (i.e. they haven't been customised) from the master style will get the changes.

Further the the point Nathan was making, some of the MyCodes require PHP code to function so cannot be removed from the class_parser.php file...
(2016-04-03, 01:48 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]

It would be up to theme authors to ensure their themes are compatible with the latest release of MyBB. I believe the MyBB master style is automatically updated when running the upgrade script so any themes inheriting stylesheets (i.e. they haven't been customised) from the master style will get the changes.

Further the the point Nathan was making, some of the MyCodes require PHP code to function so cannot be removed from the class_parser.php file...

* in 1.x Wink
(2016-04-03, 02:33 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

* in 1.x Wink

Oooh, how're you managing that!? Big Grin
I suggested switching the inline styles out to classes back in 2014 and it seemed to get approval, so I was disappointed when it didn't make it into the 1.8.1 release. If it's still possible to make this change, I would definitely support it.
(2016-04-03, 03:20 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-03, 02:33 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

* in 1.x Wink

Oooh, how're you managing that!? Big Grin

We're not at the minute (and the parser is going to be getting completely replaced soon), but I'd like to have an option for certain MyCode tags to invoke PHP class callbacks which would be invoked by the IoC Container. This would open up a lot of possibilities that have previously required plugins.
(2016-04-03, 05:13 PM)jshort Wrote: [ -> ]I suggested switching the inline styles out to classes back in 2014 and it seemed to get approval, so I was disappointed when it didn't make it into the 1.8.1 release. If it's still possible to make this change, I would definitely support it.

What happens to suggestions, anyway? Most of them do not make it to "planned" or even "rejected" status. So I wonder: Are they just occupational therapy for everyone?
Pages: 1 2 3