MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB not showing images to unregistered users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am not sure if this is a new issue, but since the latest update, I have noticed unregistered (or not logged in) users of my public forum are seeing broken link icons rather than images in posts.  As soon as they sign in, the images display normally again.

Hard to imagine this as a deliberate security feature - if a random unregistered user has permission to view the post, why not the images it contains?

Is this a known issue?  
More importantly, how do I ensure unregistered users can see images in posts they have permission to view?
Perhaps right click the broken images, and copy the image url and paste into a new tab and see where it takes you. May be a simple case of mistyped url. If so just export your theme and edit then import again.
(2016-03-31, 11:15 PM)Consaholic Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps right click the broken images, and copy the image url and paste into a new tab and see where it takes you. May be a simple case of mistyped url. If so just export your theme and edit then import again.

Hi thanks for your reply

When logged out and I right mouse click on a broken link icon, and select 'open in new tab' I am sent to myBB error message page saying
You are either not logged in or do not have permission to view this page ...

So it is some sort of a permissions issue.

Note that images are first manually attached then inserted into posts by users (most them registered) rather than inserted directly from a source, because the 'insert an image' button method offered within the MyBB editor dialog has never worked.

It might be that uploaded images by registered users are being protected for some reason, irrespective of the fact that they are being posted to a open forum
Check the user group "Guests" for attachments.
(2016-04-01, 03:01 PM)nth Wrote: [ -> ]Check the user group "Guests" for attachments.

Good thought - but Guests have permissions enabled for posting and downloading attachments
Cant find a separate permission setting for 'viewing' attachments, but presume posting ability gives you this intrinsically?

Cheers
admin panel >> configuration (settings) >> Clickable Smilies and BB Code -->
Parse [img] MyCode To Guests & Parse [video] MyCode To Guests

are they set to yes ?
(2016-04-01, 03:38 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]admin panel >> configuration (settings) >> Clickable Smilies and BB Code -->
Parse [img] MyCode To Guests &  Parse [video] MyCode To Guests

are they set to yes ?

Hi - all set to yes apart from 'Clickable MyCode Editor in Partial Mode' setting, which is set to no
You checked group permissions for attachments, but did you check custom forum permissions?
(2016-04-03, 03:57 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]You checked group permissions for attachments, but did you check custom forum permissions?

Good call - no I had 'Can download attachments' switched off for guests in my public forum (which I assume is related to the ability to view attached images when embedded in a post?)
Unfortunately the problem persists for me even with everything switched on for guests.  (even after clearing cache)

Right mouse clicking the broken image icon to open in new tab still directs me to login window.

What else might be wrong?

Cheers
Show an exemplary image which does that and your plugin list.
Pages: 1 2