MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I Run MyBB 2.0?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A simple plugin to check if your web host can support MyBB 2.0. Please note that this test does not fully guarantee that a host is going to work flawlessly with MyBB 2.0.
A list of known MyBB 2.0 compatible web hosts can be found on GitHub.

Download from MyBB Mods

How to run
Upload the CanIRunMyBB.php file to your board's ./inc/plugins/ directory.
Navigate to your Admin CP and click Activate next to the plugin's name.
Please note that this test does not fully guarantee that a host is going to work flawlessly with MyBB 2.0.
Yay, the host I am on can run it. Toungue
[Image: tv2TRW0.png]
I can run it too. Smile So this simply checks the php version?
(2016-04-08, 12:44 PM)thelovelyone Wrote: [ -> ]I can run it too. Smile So this simply checks the php version?

Yes, at the moment it only checks your PHP version. Smile

As it says the test is not definitive, there could be a change in the PHP version required (unlikely) or another currently unseen incompatibility between your host and MyBB 2.0.
Mine says i need an upgrade, when is 2.0 planned to come out?
my spanel still 5.3 Sad
anyway, i must move to cpanel if mybb 2.0 has been launched
(2016-04-25, 08:05 PM)lem999 Wrote: [ -> ]Mine says i need an upgrade, when is 2.0 planned to come out?

There is no set date for the release of 2.0 at the minute.
(2016-04-26, 10:36 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-25, 08:05 PM)lem999 Wrote: [ -> ]Mine says i need an upgrade, when is 2.0 planned to come out?

Would it be possible on working on a way to make atatchments moderatiable? So certain groups can't delete their attachments.
(2016-04-26, 10:47 AM)lem999 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-26, 10:36 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

Would it be possible on working on a way to make atatchments moderatiable? So certain groups can't delete their attachments.

Hi,

Please keep suggestions to the 2.0 Suggestions and Feedback forum Smile
1.1 Released
This tool now checks for the presence of the required PHP extensions from the Laravel requirements.

Just use the new CanIRunMyBB.php file and you'll see the results! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2