MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Calendar and RSS, some questions ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi people!

i'm still on 1.1.8, had no time to upgrade yet.
Now I'm thinking about an upgrade, but on the other hand side, I don't want to upgrade, when I then have to rebuild everything in 1.4 again.
So, is there any idea, when 1.4 will be released? in a month, six month, whatever?

The second thing, is, that we are thinking about a new calendar in our forums, because the intern one of mybb doesn't give us too many options yet. Sad
I don't know if its already in 1.4 but how would it be to integrate RSS in the Calendar?
("Next 10 days events" or something)
I remember to have an option like "show events on forums page" in some forum, but I didn't find it here, so is there a way to do this, or should I prpare a hack?

The last thing I wonder about is, why neverever anybody changes this line in their forums:
"MyBB Community Forums / MyBB / Suggestions and Feedback / New Thread"
In every forum I support, I change the code to get this line at the bottom too.
Between the Quickreply and the last post, so it looks like the attachment.

It's no big deal to change this, but I wonder why nobody made this standard to the original myBB code. Smile

[attachment=6150]

Thanks for any replys,
have a nice day!
FraGe
Quote:So, is there any idea, when 1.4 will be released? in a month, six month, whatever?
There is no ETA at this stage. Why? Because it is a very big release.

Quote:I don't know if its already in 1.4 but how would it be to integrate RSS in the Calendar?
The 1.4 calendar has been completely redesigned however I ended up not implementing the RSS functionality at this stage. If there is demand, I'll add it in.

Quote:I remember to have an option like "show events on forums page" in some forum, but I didn't find it here, so is there a way to do this, or should I prpare a hack?
MyBB does not have this functionality "out of the box."
Hi Chris,
thanks for your replies,
I'll post this in my forums Wink
AND I'll take the time to upgrade to 1.2 Smile
Lets wait, if there is demand for the RSS feature, I think, there should be a feature to get the calendar-events on a higher frequented page. I never use the calendar, because it's too far *gg*, which means you have to click the calendar button on the top - if there would be a section on the startpage like the "stats" section, this would make it easier. (Perhaps a proposal for 1.6 Smile)

Uhm, and about the "adress line" at the bottom? No good Idea?
Smile

have a nice day!
FraGe
the ''addressline" seems like a template-change only....look for the headertemplates...one of them has to have somewhere the breadcrumb... navbit or nav or something like that....
perhaps you can just refer to this template in one of the other templates...like the footertemplate or something like that..
Kimmo Wrote:the ''addressline" seems like a template-change only....look for the headertemplates...one of them has to have somewhere the breadcrumb... navbit or nav or something like that....
perhaps you can just refer to this template in one of the other templates...like the footertemplate or something like that..

You can actually put <navigation> in some (if not all) templates, and it'll appear there, identical to the one at the top. For instance, I added it in the show thread template, as you can see (as an example) here - also note that I have changed the navbit templates extensively, but that is just for the 'different' navbit layout that I have.
I didn't search for an introduction in coding, but wanted to propose this thing for the next release Big Grin
I changed it the first day I installed myBB, because it's a feature of my old Ikonboard - and Justin S, your Board structure tells me, that you could have changed from Ikonboard too, isn't it? Smile
FraGe Wrote:I changed it the first day I installed myBB, because it's a feature of my old Ikonboard - and Justin S, your Board structure tells me, that you could have changed from Ikonboard too, isn't it? Smile
No, I just like it down there because a forum I frequent has it on their show thread pages Wink (I assume you meant the navigation being at the bottom of the thread page)
Referring to post one in this thread: I'm changeing from 1.1.8 to 1.4.4 and still searching for the navigation to put it on the bottom again. I stil miss this as an option in ACP, but right now, I would just like to add it to my forums - and I can't find the bits Sad

Is anybody out there who could help me??

Thx a lot!
You can open the showthread template and put <navigation> wherever you want it to show.
I'm too stupid! I saw your answer up there, but didn't try it like this. I changed <navigation> to what I thought it should be in 1.4.4 . F**K. Big Grin Now it works perfectly

Thanks a lot!!

I was searching for this for nearly four days now, How does one know that??
Pages: 1 2