MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems with staying logged into admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have upgraded my forum software from 1.8.6 to 1.8.7. Installed 4 plugins as well, but all widely used and supported. It is worth noting that this is not a problem on the main website. I login to the admin area and everything is fine, then as soon as I click something it will break on me. At first it put me back to the admin area and said Invalid administration session. But now it puts me back with no error.

URL: http://finalrespawn.com/

What I have done
  1. Checked my cookie settings
  2. Cleared my browser's cookies
  3. Tested on different browsers
  4. Deleted my settings.php file
  5. CHMOD to 666
most sure its cookie settings
i would check it on settings.php if it wasnt deleted lol
also check youre database for it with in phpmyadmin

it happened to me before and changed it on phpmyadmin and it worked
(2016-04-02, 08:43 PM)subzr1 Wrote: [ -> ]most sure its cookie settings
i would check it on settings.php if it wasnt deleted lol
also check youre database for it with in phpmyadmin

it happened to me before and changed it on phpmyadmin and it worked

It was deleted I stated this above, and when it got regenerated values from the database were used. I double checked this and it is fine, you can also see in the source of the page on the website and it is fine there too.
upgrading forum should not disturb the login process.
can you ensure that all files of the new version are uploaded & overwritten earlier version files ..
(2016-04-03, 03:14 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]upgrading forum should not disturb the login process.
can you ensure that all files of the new version are uploaded & overwritten earlier version files ..

I uploaded them all for sure, except the settings.php file but that has since been deleted and regenerated anyway.

Could the problem be the cookie path in my admin area? When I look at the source the cookie path is /admin/, but I am using a random string as the admin folder. How can I fix this? Does it matter?
if direct help required, assuming that you have a legit forum (see support eligibility policy)
you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check it

please note: however, right now I have a power break and I can check after power resumes.